Wanted: evening gown possibilities

Just to be on the sensitive side, another possible reason to prefer higher neck tops are to cover scarring, such as surgical or burns. Now that I've started looking thru her eyes though, I notice that almost everything is strapless, almost strapless or plunging neckline. Not alot out there if you don't want to add a bolero jacket to every outfit..

I'm not the OP but I'm glad you mentioned scarring... I have keloid scarring on my shoulders right at the top and over the back, and also some single ones in my cleavage on my chest.

It is not easy to find something to suit a forty year old who doesn't want to wear a grandmother of the bride otufit , especially when I'm on the larger side of the wardrobe options too.:p

however, I did eventually find a (imho) lovely dress that is just below knee length, in 'formal' fabric, with quite a high vee at the front and substantial straps. I have bought a matching wrap to cover the offending scars up for the pictures. Once I've had dinner and a couple of refreshing vinos the wrap will likely be forgotten and my fellow passengers can stare all they like at my scars.;)

Good Luck, OP,:D I hope you find something you like soon. I got my 'colours' done at the weekend, which gave me the confidence to go for a bold colour that I'd never normally try on (it's fuschia, but I've got to thinking that I'm on vacation so people can think what they like, there will be more colourful sights than me, I'm sure!)

p.s. another thing I did was take pictures of different things I tried on using my camera in my phone, then I could have a look later and go over what was good or bad about the outfit.

Archived