Video of stateroom

dvonder

:( I know those were just drawings but how much smaller can you get! They are obviously trying to stuff as many people on this ship as they can.

Or maybe the cabin is actually just as big as on the drawings, and the video, taken with a TELEPHONE, is deceptive and everybody is freaking out for nothing.

Maybe.

Hi there

We board Epic on 21st for the 1 nighter to Southampton.

We are in a balcony cabon, our friends on an inside! Promise to post footage on youtube when we are back and let you all have the link :D

I'm not actually too concerned about the cabin size - don;t intend on spending too much time in there ;)

7 more sleeps and we'll be off to Rotterdam!! yay!!!!! :D

Hi there

We are in a balcony cabon, our friends on an inside! Promise to post footage on youtube when we are back and let you all have the link :D

I'm not actually too concerned about the cabin size - don;t intend on spending too much time in there ;)

Have a great time!! I cant wati to see your pics!!!!:)

Hi there

Thanks - can't wait to see some photos from the first sailing.

It might only be one night, but boy are we going to try and get lots done!!!

Can promise pics and video footage as my DH is a video nut!!! we have epic movies of our travels abroad (no pun intended!!)

Best bit is he doesn't know yet we're going so please don't tell him .........;) !!

fair play to all who say that they dont really mind about cabin size...but I certainly do...I like to spend time on my balcony, breakfast every morning...pre-evening drinks...afternoon escape from a crowded pool etc...and a cramped living space isnt exactly conducive to such private relaxtion.

Was actually on the verge of booking back-to-back on the Epic for this November, but seeing the video of the cabin i've had second thoughts..

as appealing as the ship is (and she is very appealing) I'm not crazy about the thought of 2 weeks in a shoebox........its annoyed me really...youd think on a ship as HUGE as the Epic they could afford to lose some cabins and add a metre or two to the balconys!?.....the greed of the cruise companys beggars belief.

as for the bathroom layout?....I really dont get it?....no privacy whatsoever - from both inside and outside the stateroom...and a constantly wet stateroom floor!.....genuinely puzzled as to how they thought this was a 'breakthrough' in design?

fair play to all who say that they dont really mind about cabin size...but I certainly do...I like to spend time on my balcony, breakfast every morning...pre-evening drinks...afternoon escape from a crowded pool etc...and a cramped living space isnt exactly conducive to such private relaxtion.

?

You're in luck then. The cabin space may be a little tighter then the Dawn-Gem ships but the standard balcony space is much larger (~50%) with options to book some with really large balconies.

You're in luck then. The cabin space may be a little tighter then the Dawn-Gem ships but the standard balcony space is much larger (~50%) with options to book some with really large balconies.

hmmm.....food for thought......with a mega balcony I think could learn to live with a soggy deck :)

hmmm.....food for thought......with a mega balcony I think could learn to live with a soggy deck :)

I had to go back to a post from may 2009.

Epic Balcony cabin 216 including 65 for balcony- net inside space 151 SF.

Dawn-Gem are 203 including 37 for balcony - net inside space 166 SF

So what this means is we give up 15 SF inside the cabin for an additional 28 SF of balcony space.

I had to go back to a post from may 2009.

Epic Balcony cabin 216 including 65 for balcony- net inside space 151 SF.

Dawn-Gem are 203 including 37 for balcony - net inside space 166 SF

So what this means is we give up 15 SF inside the cabin for an additional 28 SF of balcony space.

So, the smallest possible balcony is 65 SF? Just wondering for my son since I don't believe the BA's have a larger than standard balcony - or am I wrong about this?

So, the smallest possible balcony is 65 SF? Just wondering for my son since I don't believe the BA's have a larger than standard balcony - or am I wrong about this?

All the standard blaconies are 65 SF unless you booked one of the cabins that have had new B6 catagory after April 2011 assigned to them. Decks 9,10,11,12

Or maybe the cabin is actually just as big as on the drawings, and the video, taken with a TELEPHONE, is deceptive and everybody is freaking out for nothing.

Maybe.

Ya, I think many people are jumping to conclusions here. Aside from the low quality, the video only shows a portion of what we see out of our eyes, it didn't capture any part of the cabin we would normally see peripherally. Because of this and the wave in that particular cabin, it makes the room look smaller than it really is.

While the cabins are actually a bit smaller than usual, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the rooms end up being more spacious than people feared once Epic set sails.

All the standard blaconies are 65 SF unless you booked one of the cabins that have had new B6 catagory after April 2011 assigned to them. Decks 9,10,11,12

Time2cruise1, do you know the square footage of BA stern balconies on deck 8? Are they smaller than decks 9-12? thanks in advance,

coka

Thanks for posting the video. I guess it answers a bunch of questions a lot of people had about the shower. My husband and I booked 2 adjoining rooms on a special...so, it looks like we made a good choice. There won't be any showering together on this cruise, that's for sure. :cool:

It does show the curtain that you can pull when showering, but like others had expressed concern about, someone can't go to the restroom while someone is showering b/c it's in the same area. (not that I'm worried about any of it, just my husband and I are going).

I can't wait to see other videos of the other rooms.

Huh?:confused:

This exact design allows you to shower and someone else go to the restroom.

I see your other two cruises were on the Sovereign and the Seaward? talking about small rooms.

You two booked two rooms? It is for a couple kind of odd. I heard about split beds but two rooms? Why not go into a suite? You pay twice the fare for both rooms anyways.

Huh?:confused:

This exact design allows you to shower and someone else go to the restroom.

I see your other two cruises were on the Sovereign and the Seaward? talking about small rooms.

You two booked two rooms? It is for a couple kind of odd. I heard about split beds but two rooms? Why not go into a suite? You pay twice the fare for both rooms anyways.

Yea, I am curious too as to why a couple would book two rooms.

The layout is even worse than I thought it might be! I'm glad that we have booked a spasuite for our first cruise on the Epic. If we for some reason ever have to go back to a standard cabin, and not a suite, we will NOT cruise on the Epic!

I honestly don't get all these complaints... you haven't even actually SEEN the room yet. Aren't we all used to a small cabin size? I have never been on a cruise where I thought to myself "wow, this room is huge!".

The biggest space I have ever experienced (besides visiting a friends huge suite which I could never afford) was the Disney cruise line balcony cabin. Even it had maybe 15 - 25 sq ft more than the average NCL cabin...in other words, very little difference. I like this new design and I think most of you will too once you experience it.

I chalk all this up to: change is scary!!

Inver

Let's watch the video from the first post carefully.

Two questions.

About the cabin length.

Is there enough space for a "regular" all-in-one unit (sink, mirror, shower, toilet)?

What if not?

Then we split the unit in three pieces and ... call it "innovation that gives you extra..., more..., saves your..., etc."

About the cabin width.

Is it possible to place the same number of cabins within the same length of the deck if walls are not "wavy"?

Or

How many extra cabins can you get due to "wavy" walls?

I guess, roughly up to 10 extra cabins from each line. 6.5 passenger decks. Two lines of cabins per deck. $1600 per cabin (double occupancy). $1600x6.5x2x10=...

And we call this... "innovation that gives you feeling of..., impression of..., improves your..., etc."

Who knows, maybe I am mistaking...:)

I think you're right.

These cabins are NARROW. And I'm sure the reasoning was narrow = more cabins = more revenue.

Fine - I'm a capitalist :) and companies must make money. Future passengers will know the size and book accordingly.

I don't think the drawings were an accurate portrayal of just how narrow these turned out to be, but that really only affects those of us who booked before the ship was completed - a chance we took.

I'm just glad we didn't put the four of us in one of these, as originally planned. And hoping the balcony really *is* a bit bigger.

Let's watch the video from the first post carefully.

Two questions.

About the cabin length.

Is there enough space for a "regular" all-in-one unit (sink, mirror, shower, toilet)?

What if not?

Then we split the unit in three pieces and ... call it "innovation that gives you extra..., more..., saves your..., etc."

About the cabin width.

Is it possible to place the same number of cabins within the same length of the deck if walls are not "wavy"?

Or

How many extra cabins can you get due to "wavy" walls?

I guess, roughly up to 10 extra cabins from each line. 6.5 passenger decks. Two lines of cabins per deck. $1600 per cabin (double occupancy). $1600x6.5x2x10=...

And we call this... "innovation that gives you feeling of..., impression of..., improves your..., etc."

Who knows, maybe I am mistaking...:)

There's no doubt the cabins are smaller because they wanted to squeeze more on the ship, but at least NCL gave us a kick-ass design (decor wise, not talking about the bathroom setup, which I'm indifferent on) in return.

There's no doubt the cabins are smaller because they wanted to squeeze more on the ship, but at least NCL gave us a kick-ass design (decor wise, not talking about the bathroom setup, which I'm indifferent on) in return.

Yeah, I love the cabin design - very, very cool, (and I have a huge balcony, so I don't care about the cabin size), and personally think the bathroom setup is great - kind of like a bathroom buffet - you can select only the part you need and leave the rest for someone else. :D

Archived