Transatlantic Volunteer?

epicbride16

I have the AT & T version of that plan. DATA (blackberry) UNLIMITED, INTERNATIONAL....and it does NOT apply on cruise ships.

Cost is $69.99/mth; so it sure sounds equivalent. They were adamant though that even 3G would result in charges.

I have been dying for an Iphone for a long time but one of the reasons I haven't moved to AT&T is because I couldn't find a true unlimited international rate plan--every plan I saw was limited in some way.

If they say cruise ships are not included in their int'l plan, believe it! and make sure your data service is shut off somehow, either through AT&T or through your phone, because many types of phones make data connections without the owner knowing about it--and you have to pay the bill regardless!

Here's what they told me last week...

$20 PER megabyte or the World Data plan with the lowest price $24.99 for 20 megabytes.

For text, you can send texts for $.50 each but receiving texts is free.

Or you can get a text plan of $10.00 for 50 sent messages.

For phoning you can pay $1.29 per min (in UK but not on ship) or get a voice plan for $4.99 and pay $.99 a min. This is called World Access. If you cancel when you return it is pro-rated.

Each country has different price so Italy is $.99, Greece $1.29 etc.

Check where you might be going before trip.

I probably will get Data for a week in London to use iPhone apps like restaurants and tube stops etc.

Ok..How about all you TA cruisers.. take lots of pics and post them when you get back!!! I can wait....lol.

So instead of changing all that stuff on your phone.. enjoy your vacation.. take LOTS of pics and post them for us when you get home.;)

Thank you in advance!!!!!

I will as always post some pictures from the ship as we cross the Atlantic. They may not be here since to post anything decent you need to upload to the web and link. I will put some on facebook and may start a blog on the epicmadhatters website.

Ok..How about all you TA cruisers.. take lots of pics and post them when you get back!!! I can wait....lol.

So instead of changing all that stuff on your phone.. enjoy your vacation.. take LOTS of pics and post them for us when you get home.;)

Thank you in advance!!!!!

That's my plan! :D

To just email photos, no (assuming my Ozone works properly). I can get in on the Verizon international data plan, which I am planning to do anyway, and just pay the ~$15 extra it will cost me for the 10 days I'll be out of the country--and then I'll have free unlimited Internet. I'm not sure how good the 3G connectivity will be on the Atlantic, but the most reliable and safest way to get photos out early will be to email them to a non-cruising volunteer, who can post them for us.

Email madhatterdinners@gmail.com if you are willing to volunteer!

Archived