Yet another ES question... still confused

TinkyPatz

I paid for an 8B stateroom with free upgrade to 8D. Therefore, I am currently on an 8D

I just spoke with 2 Carnival agents, one of which said that when it comes to price drops or upgrades I need to look at the category I paid for, which would be 8B, and if there's an upgrade from 8B to anything higher than 8D, or if the price for 8B drops, I am eligible for those.

The other rep said that I need to look at 8D, which is the category I got upgraded to, and that because right now there is an 8D free upgrade to 8E that I am eligible for it.

Which one is it :confused:

Just when I think I get it, I get mixed info!

So I'm looking at any 8D that is the same or lower price that I paid for the 8B?

yes, it has to be a price for a 8D, that is lower than what you paid.

You can also watch the past guest rates, which often include free upgrades ... so for that rate only, you can look at lower rates ...IF they include a free upgrade to your 8D. Even a 8A if it upgrades to a 8D... so basically you will just be looking at 8D, with the exception of past guest rate. other rates dont include free upgrades. (unless there is a sale like last year)

Thank you!

I've got it now:

It has to be an 8D lower than what I paid for, in order to get OBC or an upgrade, OR a past guest rate that has an upgrade from whatever category to 8D, then I get OBC.

Archived