Manhatten/brooklyn departures

MARCOPOLOSMITH

I am tempted to book ( Great prices for mid-August ) the Caribbean Princess cruise to Canada/NE on August 14 but it seems Princess is not sure if the ship will sail from Manhatten or Brooklyn. Simly amazing to me but perhaps it depends upon whether or not the Captain had a fight with his wife?

I am tempted to book ( Great prices for mid-August ) the Caribbean Princess cruise to Canada/NE on August 14 but it seems Princess is not sure if the ship will sail from Manhatten or Brooklyn. Simly amazing to me but perhaps it depends upon whether or not the Captain had a fight with his wife?
Most likely from Red Hook. The only time a Princess ship sails from Manhattan is if the terminal in Red Hook is at capacity. It has nothing to do with the Captain but rather a scheduling decision by Corporate. I believe someone on my roll call mentioned that Princess docks in Manhattan when it's used as a port stop and not an embarkation/disembarkation terminal. In other words, if NYC is a port on the itinerary and not the beginning/end of the cruise. Not sure if that's true or not.

On May 9th the Caribbean Princess docked in high winds and there was damage done to a gang plank. QM2 is now using the Westside piers but I believe the Caribbean Princess is still using the Red Hook terminal in Brooklyn.

parking both in Manhattan and Brooklyn are easy although expensive.

see http://www.nycruise.com

for prices.

Currently Manhattan is $30 per day and

Brooklyn is $20.

Its interesting that long term parking in Manhattan is cheaper than brooklyn.

$300 for up to a month vs $480 for a month in Brooklyn....

and the calender can be wrong...sometimes. Last week the QM2 was in Manhattan...

Parking in Red Hook is wonderful. You are only a few feet away from the ship. It's very convenient, safe and easy.

We did the Canada/NE itinerary on the Caribbean Princess in August and thought it was awesome! I highly recommend this cruise! Click on the link in my signature for my detailed review of what we did in the ports, what we thought of the ship, etc.

Interesting.....the Sept 27 Crown Princess is coming in from New England and docking

in Manhattan. We were told it's because QM2 doesn't fit at the Manhattan terminals and

will have to use Red Hook. Now I'm hearing QM2 is fitting at the Manhattan terminals.

Do they collapse her and make her shorter?

Interesting.....the Sept 27 Crown Princess is coming in from New England and docking

in Manhattan. We were told it's because QM2 doesn't fit at the Manhattan terminals and

will have to use Red Hook. Now I'm hearing QM2 is fitting at the Manhattan terminals.

Do they collapse her and make her shorter?

QM2 doesn't suddenly fit the Manhattan terminal; it docked there because of the Caribbean Princess damaging a gangway in Brooklyn docking during high winds on May 9th. Apparently QM2 will be docking in Broklyn again on June 7th.

Archived