Pride 24May-3Jun10:My Thoughts

wynkys

Hi,

I am sitting in my room at The Peninsula Hong Kong after the ten minute walk from the Ocean Terminal where I disembarked this morning after a wonderful first time Seabourn cruise.

I walked here instead of taking the offered US$260 transfer from Seabourn or the around US$100 Rolls transfer offered by the hotel.

From the included two day pre-cruise in Beijing through to being farewelled by name by the Captain as I disembarked, the friendliness and professionalism displayed by all staff that I had contact with was exceptional.

Last night after dinner and a local show on board as we were docked, a group of us went to The Club for drinks and dancing continuing what became a pattern for most evenings during the cruise. There were a number of younger people on board including some Australian travel agents and their liveliness encouraged some of us more mature travellers to join in. An enjoyable time was had by all helped by the music of CC Max and Synchrony.

All this was in complete contrast to my recent first cruise on Crystal and I certainly plan to return to Seabourn.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for generating those positive images. I spoke to my TA today after her Seabourn trip over a week ago and she expressed the same feeling. She said the crew, the food and the fellow passengers were all amazing.

I am so looking forward to my trip in December. We're going from Hong Kong to Singapore via Vietnam, any tips or thoughts on must sees would be appreciated.

Regards, Julie

Hello Martita and Julie,

The Captain was Hamish Elliott who is soon to join the Sojourn and the Hotel Manager was Laurent Lalouer.

We didn't have any common ports with the December cruise apart from Hong Kong.

I am now off on a shopping expedition to Shenzen in Southern China which I understand is now a must when you are in Hong Kong.

Wayne

Archived