Incredibly frustrated with Carnival

Jeafl

Sorry I have not responded earlier, but I teach and was in a classroom all day.

We DID book early saver, inside category 4F. They are showing 4J's at $40 less than we paid. I emailed the page to Carnival and they said yes, they see it, but it is not in their "System", only on the website. I told them that if it was on their website they need to honor it. They pretty much said "too bad".

We DID book early saver, inside category 4F. They are showing 4J's at $40 less than we paid. I emailed the page to Carnival and they said yes, they see it, but it is not in their "System", only on the website. I told them that if it was on their website they need to honor it. They pretty much said "too bad".

Is the 4J price a Promo Rate (Past Guest, 55+, Resident) that you ARE definitely Eligible for?

Did you Book On-line on carnival.com or via PVP (if via TA your TA should be submitting/handling this)? If so, consider going to the rates webpage (step #5 in my procedure above), SELECT the whole page, COPY, and PASTE into the COMMENTS section of the Early Saver Price Adjustment form, and submit. If you booked via PVP ask the PVP to pursue; otherwise call and ask for a Supervisor to pursue.

Generally, when Posters eventually provide a Screenshot or equivalent, Carnival seems to magically "find" the rate - I don't know what's happening in your situation.

You may need to give them more detail: this is a Past Guest booking with free, included upgrades at time of booking which is probably confusing things. they currently offer to book a 4A for $749 with free upgrade to 4J. Seems to me that you're eligible for a upgrade to 4J and OBC for $789 minus $749.

Need Firefly's Input on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted?

ken

Is the 4J price a Promo Rate (Past Guest, 55+, Resident) that you ARE definitely Eligible for?

Did you Book On-line on carnival.com or via PVP (if via TA your TA should be submitting/handling this)? If so, consider going to the rates webpage (step #5 in my procedure above), SELECT the whole page, COPY, and PASTE into the COMMENTS section of the Early Saver Price Adjustment form, and submit. If you booked via PVP ask the PVP to pursue; otherwise call and ask for a Supervisor to pursue.

Generally, when Posters eventually provide a Screenshot or equivalent, Carnival seems to magically "find" the rate - I don't know what's happening in your situation.

You may need to give them more detail: this is a Past Guest booking with free, included upgrades at time of booking which is probably confusing things. they currently offer to book a 4A for $749 with free upgrade to 4J. Seems to me that you're eligible for a upgrade to 4J and OBC for $789 minus $749.

Need Firefly's Input on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted?

ken

I realize this is like a soap opera, but please bear with me...

First of all the lower rate is a past guest rate, which we defintiely qualify for.

Here's the whole sad story. I originally booked through a TA, but then she died. The TA that took over our TA's accounts was totally worthless so I had the booking transferred back over to me (which was not easy!)

I submitted the price reduction form as soon as I saw it, but it was rejected. Then I called and explained what was going on. I then sent them a copy of the whole web page showing the lower past guest rate. The woman I talked to in customer service acknowledged that it was on the webpage, but that she "could not find it in their system". I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she told me no, because the supervisor would just tell me the same thing. I repeated the whole process with TWO other customer service agents, who told me the exact same thing.

I guess that about sums up what is going on so far!

Also, just to clarify, we booked a 4F, and it is showing the 4J's as $40 less.

OOPS! this is a Past Guest Booking for a Cruise departing in a week or two - Ignore my above post!!!

As I mentioned in a previous Post, if you're booked Past Guest you CANNOT get price drops after Final Payment - that's firm rule in place for the past year. You CAN get upgrade to 4J since it's less than you paid.

ken

First of all the lower rate is a past guest rate, which we defintiely qualify for.

Here's the whole sad story. I originally booked through a TA, but then she died. The TA that took over our TA's accounts was totally worthless so I had the booking transferred back over to me (which was not easy!)

I submitted the price reduction form as soon as I saw it, but it was rejected. Then I called and explained what was going on. I then sent them a copy of the whole web page showing the lower past guest rate. The woman I talked to in customer service acknowledged that it was on the webpage, but that she "could not find it in their system". I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she told me no, because the supervisor would just tell me the same thing. I repeated the whole process with TWO other customer service agents, who told me the exact same thing.

None of this matters. If you're booked as Past Guest, you cannot get price drops after Final Payment.

Only Early Saver Bookings get price drops after Final Payment (up to two business days prior to sailing).

ken

OOPS! this is a Past Guest Booking for a Cruise departing in a week or two - Ignore my above post!!!

As I mentioned in a previous Post, if you're booked Past Guest you CANNOT get price drops after Final Payment - that's firm rule in place for the past year. You CAN get upgrade to 4J since it's less than you paid.

ken

If she booked ES she can get a price drop up to 2 days before sailing, for any rate she qualifies for.

None of this matters. If you're booked as Past Guest, you cannot get price drops after Final Payment.

Only Early Saver Bookings get price drops after Final Payment (up to two business days prior to sailing).

ken

She did not say she booked PG Ken, only that the lower rate is a PG rate. If she booked ES, she CAN get the rate if she qualifies for it, and she has said she does.

ken

Ken, we DID book early sver. I just happened to notice the past guest rate is now cheaper.

Ken, we DID book early sver. I just happened to notice the past guest rate is now cheaper.

OK - You didn't mention this in your (initial) post. Un-Ignore my Ignore above. If you booked Early Saver and ARE a Past guest, IMO you're entitled to upgrade to 4J and get OBC for the drop. I think you have to have the display in front of you and explain to the "person" that this is a Past Guest offering with a included upgrade for which you get a 4J for $749 . ken

I looked and I can only find one 4J ... I cannot find where there are any 4Fs available. Other than moving to the 4J (I assume there are only two of you), you cant price match to a sold out category, and 4F looks sold out to me.

If someone moved to the 4J, then they can also get the OBC, but there seems to only be one of those left, so only one cabin can move. I get it that 4J is higher than your 4F, but you can only price match to the same category .... maybe that's part of the issue anyway.

OK - You didn't mention this in your (initial) post. Un-Ignore my Ignore above. If you booked Early Saver and ARE a Past guest, IMO you're entitled to upgrade to 4J and get OBC for the drop. I think you have to have the display in front of you and explain to the "person" that this is a Past Guest offering with a included upgrade for which you get a 4J for $749 . ken

There are 9 of them ... and only one cabin available .. his cruise looks almost sold out. June 12 ...so all 9 of them cant move to the same cabin.

Copy the web page and email it to them.

The web page says free upgrade to 4J ...the OP hasnt said they want to be upgraded to a 4J ..they want the price for the upgrade to the one and only 4J price..but stay in their 4F...where they have cabins together.

OP maybe you could confirm this is the case?

If the OP checks the box for free upgrade and OBC, he can move, but not everyone from what I see. ... remember this cruise is in one week, not that many cabins left.

This was not posted by the OP AFAIK. Did she mention how mant are booked in each cabin?

Now for Fire and Ken or anybody that knows if you have a triple booked and the rates drop but there are only doubles left will CCL still give you the OBC?

Bill

This was not posted by the OP AFAIK. Did she mention how mant are booked in each cabin?

Now for Fire and Ken or anybody that knows if you have a triple booked and the rates drop but there are only doubles left will CCL still give you the OBC?

Bill

No, has to be same #, so the booking can be compared to the total amount for all 3. If only doubles left, then the 3rd person's fare cant be compared, so I see Carnival's point.

If triples are sold out, you are out of luck.

Long story short, the website is showing a past guest rate of $749 for our cruise next week. We paid $789. This should mean that we would get $40 per adult in onboard credit. Carnival says it cannot find that rate anywhere in their system, even though it shows on the website. Therefore we are out of luck. Since there are 9 of us in our party, $40 a person really adds up.

This is all I see, that they have 9 people and I think the one 4J only holds 2 people they want to price match all 9 of them to ... but dont mention wanting to upgrade, they just seem to want the lower price on the theory, 4J is higher so they should get the price if they have a lower category.

Same here. :(

Sent the screen shot, and they said the online posting (on CCL site) was "in error" and only visible for a short time that one day. They said they were not responsible for technical errors, and therefore I could not get the price break.

I has the exact same thing happen to me when they updated the itinerary of my April 2011 cruise (Pride to Bermuda instead of the Bahamas) a few weeks ago. The rate I saw (and screen shot) was a "technical error". At least my cabin (that showed available at the time) was not actually available.

No, has to be same #, so the booking can be compared to the total amount for all 3. If only doubles left, then the 3rd person's fare cant be compared, so I see Carnival's point.

If triples are sold out, you are out of luck.

This is all I see, that they have 9 people and I think the one 4J only holds 2 people they want to price match all 9 of them to ... but dont mention wanting to upgrade, they just seem to want the lower price on the theory, 4J is higher so they should get the price if they have a lower category.

You are correct, unfortunately. We really didn't want to upgrade at first, just the onboard credit. Now there is only one 4J left. When I started this whole rate reduction process a week ago there were several 4J's left. They have been screwing around so long that now it is too late. It looks like we are totally out of luck unless one party wants to move to the one available cabin :(

You are correct, unfortunately. We really didn't want to upgrade at first, just the onboard credit. Now there is only one 4J left. When I started this whole rate reduction process a week ago there were several 4J's left. They have been screwing around so long that now it is too late. It looks like we are totally out of luck unless one party wants to move to the one available cabin :(

As Fire noted, the issue may be moot anyway, as the passenger capacity of the 4J's would have to match the number of passengers in your current cabin's? ken

The question is do you have any cabins booked with double capacity and not triples or quads?

A week ago were there any triples or quads available or was the rate reduction just for doubles?

Bill

The question is do you have any cabins booked with double capacity and not triples or quads?

A week ago were there any triples or quads available or was the rate reduction just for doubles?

Bill

We have three triple cabins, and when I first saw the rate reduction there were triples left. Unfortunately, now they are all gone.

Archived