Kantishna Wilderness Trails Tour

pfopma

Has anyone taken this tour? What did you like/dislike about it? It is a full day - 12 hours with a stop at the Kantishna Roadhouse for lunch and other activities. I liked the idea of braking up the day on the bus. If we don't do this tour I am considering the shuttle to Wonder Lake. Any help would be appreciated.

Our trip will be Northbound on the Island Princess from Vancouver to Whittier. We booked a seperate land tour through Princess Lodges website. 1 night in Anchorage. Taking the train from Anchorage and to Fairbanks with a 2 night stay in Denali at Princess Wilderness Lodge. Our primary interest is Denaili NP and we want to make the most of our time there. 2 nights in Fairbanks to end the trip.

Pat

I believed I replied elsewhere. OK MY opinion only. The Kantishna lodges are NOT for day trips- their forte is the multi overnights allowing you extended activities in the area. The day trips have very little time for anything more than a short hike and an extended lunch. So my question- for $100++ for a day lodge visit vs. packing your own lunch and going to Wonder Lake for $42.50? You can break up your day ANYWHERE on the Park Road, just get off your bus- then when you want to return, get on another. :) BUT be well advised- I never go to Wonder Lake anymore before mid August, just a nasty significant BUG problem that ruins the trip for me.

Archived