Amsterdam - how is she holding up?

Len3

As she offers the Grand World Voyage (110+ days) and Grand Asia/Australia (60-70 days) each year with some of the highest profile Mariners in the Mariner Society, she always tends to look on top of her game.

I'm just one opinion, and obviously an employee as I mention in my signature, but I've been on Amsterdam I believe more than any other HAL ship and she has always been among the favorites. I'm sure others on here will agree

As she offers the Grand World Voyage (110+ days) and Grand Asia/Australia (60-70 days) each year with some of the highest profile Mariners in the Mariner Society, she always tends to look on top of her game.

I'm just one opinion, and obviously an employee as I mention in my signature, but I've been on Amsterdam I believe more than any other HAL ship and she has always been among the favorites. I'm sure others on here will agree

We recently sailed her and she is in terrific shape.:)

Is the Amsterdam showing signs of a needed rehab or is she is good shape?

I see that we're going to be on the same cruise with you on July 12th. My husband and I are celebrating our 30th wedding Anniversary and just booked this cruise last night. We've been on several cruises, but never on HAL. We did the inside passage on Princess 5 years ago and loved it. Really looking forward to this 14 day trip.

Is the Amsterdam showing signs of a needed rehab or is she is good shape?

I just got off the Amsterdam last Monday after spending two wonderful weeks on her. She is in great shape imo and her crew is fantastic.

The Rotterdam used to be my favorite ship in the fleet. Not any more.

After spending two wonderful weeks on Captain Eversen's "Flagship",

I now regard her as my favorite. The ship is really in 'shipshape' condition. The crew seems as if they were handpicked by management to really represent the best of HAL. The food was very good. Everything seemed to operate like a well-oiled machine should. I did not see any sign of ageing (the ship, that is....;)).

I would enthusiastically recommend passage on this ship to anyone that appreciates the pleasure of being on a well run ship, no matter where it is going.

We too are going to be on the Amsterdam July 12 sailing. But we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. We've done a shorter Alaska cruise but are looking forward to seeing some venues we haven't been to before.

Archived