Reminder - Take Screen Shots of ES Reductions!

idocdlw

Lots of threads on ES lately, but I want to emphasize the importance of taking a screen shot of the price you see and are wanting to match.

Three weeks ago, my 4 day cruise (1A - solo) dropped from $360 to $352 so I submitted the ES form. Received confirmation email that adjusted rate was approved and OBC would be applied. Checked my account information - OBC hadn't yet been applied....but I figured it might take a day or two and put it out of my mind...after all, I had the email confirmation.

This week for a few hours the price dropped to $327. When I went to look at my billing information, I see that OBC from previous request had not been applied. Submitted new form requesting $327 rate - granted $352 rate (which should have happened weeks ago).

No...I did not take a screen shot of the $327 rate...now wishing I had. My cruise is in November, so I'm hoping I can score some more OBC...if not, it's all good...I booked this cruise at what I consider a fair price.

Just a word of warning...take a screen shot of each and every price reduction you see if you expect Carnival to actually credit you for the reduction.

Dawn

I found a rate reduction on an ES rate too. It went from $379/person to $229/person. I didnt take a screen shot of this rate. However it was on the website for 2 full days. I did the claim form but theyrefused to give me the rate, because it wasnt ever listed at that rate. Im like WHAT?So from now on I will take a shot of it. *sighs* it would have been nice to have an on board credit of $300 though. We sail in 36 days..yay!

"Print Screen" will show everything on your computer, pushing "ALT" and "Print Screen" will just show the active window.

Speaking only for Windows 7:

PrintScreen only shows what's on the monitor screen, not the entire page.

You can use Snip Tool to select the entire page, and the TaskBar.

ken

I found a rate reduction on an ES rate too. It went from $379/person to $229/person. I didnt take a screen shot of this rate. However it was on the website for 2 full days. I did the claim form but theyrefused to give me the rate, because it wasnt ever listed at that rate. Im like WHAT?So from now on I will take a shot of it. *sighs* it would have been nice to have an on board credit of $300 though. We sail in 36 days..yay!

Did you go all the way to the page that shows the rates for ALL Categories (PT, 1A, 4A, 4B, 4C.........) - all the preceding pages are only summaries.

ken

Where do I find the snip tool? I have Seven.

Go to Windows START button, bottom Left of TaskBar, then type SNIP in the SEARCH Box.

Or under START | ALL PROGRAMS cursor down to ACCESSORIES and look for "Snipping Tool". If you right Click on that entry, you can select Pin to Taskbar so it's always ready for a Price Reduction!

ken

What happens after the ES price drops off the Carnival Web sight for your cruise?

You can only then get an OBC if past guest, fun saver, or state discounts show(not military and not over 55)?

If that is the case I'll probably never get another price drop as past guest have been going up and down...but nothing below what I paid for ES.

Do these ever drop below a ES price, does anyone know? Just wondering...

Thanks

What happens after the ES price drops off the Carnival Web sight for your cruise?

You can only then get an OBC if past guest, fun saver, or state discounts show(not military and not over 55)?

If that is the case I'll probably never get another price drop as past guest have been going up and down...but nothing below what I paid for ES.

Do these ever drop below a ES price, does anyone know? Just wondering...

Thanks

Before and After ES Rates go away, you can get price drops for any of the Promo Rates that you're eligible for, as you mention. You'can't price match to Fun Saver rate as that's a Guarantee (unassigned cabin) rate. The Promo rates do fall below the ES rate, generally when the ship is not booking as quickly as expected. Keep a daily eye on the Past Guest (for both a lower rate and an included upgrade), and on the Resident rate for your state.

ken

Ken076 and peaece13. Will keep a look out then.

I do know we have a single group that is going to be on our cruise but, hopefully she doesn't sell out and we get some more price drops.:D

Thanks again!

I got a reduction of $290 approved this weekend. But should have been $345

for the cabin. I not sure why the difference of the $55.00 was not approved.

Checking with the website and calling 800# I verified the price is still

available with my category. Emailed the TA asking wazup on the difference.

Have not seen it on my docs yet.

But did take a screenshot with the ratecode .

I got a reduction of $290 approved this weekend. But should have been $345

for the cabin. I not sure why the difference of the $55.00 was not approved.

Checking with the website and calling 800# I verified the price is still

available with my category. Emailed the TA asking wazup on the difference.

Have not seen it on my docs yet.

But did take a screenshot with the ratecode .

Some TA's charge a fee for price changes, even drops.

I have a quick question....So my interior is running $269 a person and I see there is a reduction and they are running $259. Now if I submit the request and then later an Ocean View drops to $269 can I request an upgrade and have them remove the OBC for the interior reduction?

Archived