Reminder - Take Screen Shots of ES Reductions!

idocdlw

Lots of threads on ES lately, but I want to emphasize the importance of taking a screen shot of the price you see and are wanting to match.

Three weeks ago, my 4 day cruise (1A - solo) dropped from $360 to $352 so I submitted the ES form. Received confirmation email that adjusted rate was approved and OBC would be applied. Checked my account information - OBC hadn't yet been applied....but I figured it might take a day or two and put it out of my mind...after all, I had the email confirmation.

This week for a few hours the price dropped to $327. When I went to look at my billing information, I see that OBC from previous request had not been applied. Submitted new form requesting $327 rate - granted $352 rate (which should have happened weeks ago).

No...I did not take a screen shot of the $327 rate...now wishing I had. My cruise is in November, so I'm hoping I can score some more OBC...if not, it's all good...I booked this cruise at what I consider a fair price.

Just a word of warning...take a screen shot of each and every price reduction you see if you expect Carnival to actually credit you for the reduction.

Dawn

. . . Just a word of warning...take a screen shot of each and every price reduction you see if you expect Carnival to actually credit you for the reduction.

Great tip, Dawn, but I add that some screen shots don't make any difference to CCL. A couple of us have posted that our request(s) were denied because CCL said the temporary price drop was actually a "technical error" and they are not responsible for those . . . despite it being on their own site. :(

But, again, great tip.

I can do this from my work computer by pressing either SHIFT or ALT and PRTSCRN, but I can't seem to do that from my home computer...any ideas?

I don't know about your keyboard...but with mine I have to hit the "F Lock" button and then hit the print screen.

my computer at home I have to have Word or something open before I can even press print screen or for some reason it doesnt "remember" that i pressed it

I use Paint (under Accessories) because you can save as jpg. I sent a word doc to my PVP who couldnt open it on her work computer because of the format.

I personally wouldnt save it to word.

I can do this from my work computer by pressing either SHIFT or ALT and PRTSCRN, but I can't seem to do that from my home computer...any ideas?

You should be able to put the curser on the page you want to print and right click and select print. Works everytime for me on my computer here at home. Give it a try!

You should be able to put the curser on the page you want to print and right click and select print. Works everytime for me on my computer here at home. Give it a try!

That might print it ...but doesnt save it on your computer .. some dont have faxes I dont have a fax machine) or want to copy the document you print. If you try and save the picture that way, as a link, it will keep changing online.

print screen will save it in picture format on your computer to attach to a email.

That might print it ...but doesnt save it on your computer .. some dont have faxes I dont have a fax machine) or want to copy the document you print. If you try and save the picture that way, as a link, it will keep changing online.

print screen will save it in picture format on your computer to attach to a email.

Totally agree! I've been known to do things the hard way. After I print the screen shot I scan it and attach same to the email. Extra steps though but while I'm waiting for the scan I surf through CC!

I had this happen to me before, where the "approved" my drop, but it was for the previous price I had submitted. I just replied to the confirmation email they sent and said, "I submitted a drop for XX amount and you credited me for YY amount." I quickly got a confirmation for the lower price. It is worth a try, I have had good luck replying to the email if something is wrong.

Excellent advice! I completed the form with the price drop on our recent cruise and waited the three business days for confirmation of the onboard credit.

When I didn't receive the notice, I called Carnival. The rep gave me his email address, stayed on the line while I forwarded the screen shot I had saved in word and let me know he got my email. I hung on while he checked with a supervisor and he got the approval.

The next morning I received my confirmation email with the onboard credit.

K

Excellent advice! I completed the form with the price drop on our recent cruise and waited the three business days for confirmation of the onboard credit.

When I didn't receive the notice, I called Carnival. The rep gave me his email address, stayed on the line while I forwarded the screen shot I had saved in word and let me know he got my email. I hung on while he checked with a supervisor and he got the approval.

The next morning I received my confirmation email with the onboard credit.

K

ANOTHER example of a screenshot helping to get a rejected price adjustment!!!!!!!

ken

I use Paint (under Accessories) because you can save as jpg. I sent a word doc to my PVP who couldnt open it on her work computer because of the format.

I personally wouldnt save it to word.

Firefly - Could you please give me step-by-step instructions. I can't get it to work...ugh. Thanks so much!!

Firefly - Could you please give me step-by-step instructions. I can't get it to work...ugh. Thanks so much!!

Until Fire is available:

You can do a so-called ScreenPrint . Scroll your screen to get all the necessary rate information displayed on your screen, then press PrintScreen key (normally in upper Right of the Keyboard) ; this will save ONLY what is displayed on your screen, along with the Windows Tray normally containing the Date/Time, to the Windows ClipBoard. THEN:

• You can then load “Paint” (which is located in Accessories), PASTE in Paint, and Name and Save as a .jpg file

• OR -- You can load your Word Processor and PASTE the saved Rate Display into a Document File which you can use to save the Display, to later Print the display via Word Processor, or to later Include in (or attach to) an e-mail.

• OR -- You can load your favorite Photo Program and PASTE the saved into a Photo File which you can use to save the Display as a .jpg , to later Print the display via the Photo Program, or to later Include in (or attach to) an e-mail.

ken

Get the the Carnival window with all the quote information. On your keyboard press the Print Screen key.

Open PAINT in the accesories file on your computer. Right click and Paste the captured screen in Paint. Save. Defaukt is a PNG file I think. Open this picture in any photo editing software and crop and junk out of the image and save in My Pictures as a 'jpeg file. Then it will be easy to send this picture to anybody in an email.

BTW - Windows 7 users can keep the new "Snip" Tool in the Taskbar and use it to copy and save the screen image (including the Date/Time). Ken

The snip tool is also available in Windows Vista, Windows 7's predecessor :)

thanks for the info on the snipping tool. I just tried it out. Saves a few steps from PRTSC, opening Paint, Pasting, saving.

It's Snip, select type (full-screen), save. Just as in Paint, make sure you select .jpeg format for the file. You can also email it to yourself or someone else, but it looks like you have to use Outlook, which I do not.

Archived