Question about Price Drop

Hello everyone !

My final payment for my cruise in August is due tomorrow. I just checked the carnival website and for oceanview (which I am booked for) the price is $50 total less than I paid. The only cabins they are showing available are on the riveria deck and I am on a higher deck, but still was wondering if that mattered or not and if I can get the $50 onboard credit because of the difference? I called carnival but their system is down until after 10:30 AM so I thought I would check here to see if it is at least possible as I have never had this happen before. Thanks !

You would be eligible - you would need to fill out the price drop form and they say it takes up to 3 days for a response. I have used the system several times for different cruises and it has never taken that long (usually a day)

here is the link in case you did not have it

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Have a great cruise

you would NOT be elgible Im guessing because a higher deck is going to cost more?? What category are you and what category are you looking at (has to be the same)

you need to click to find YOUR category, you cant price match to a lower category on riveria. click edit or the category tab on top to display all the categorys.

If its the same category ... and you are one deck higher or some such, then that is ok.

you dont say if its the same category, only that you are on a higher deck.

I would rather pay for a higher deck.....than be on the Riviera/welfare deck.lol.

It is up to you if prefer to get some money back.

I would rather make a deal for them to move me up to a higher CATAGORY instead of asking for the money back.

Thanks everyone for your responses and the link to the form. I looked and the part that is cheaper for my cabin category is the 3rd person, and it is $30 cheaper, the price for passengers 1 and 2 is the same, so I put in a request for the $30 OBC, hopefully I will get it ! Thanks again !

Thanks everyone for your responses and the link to the form. I looked and the part that is cheaper for my cabin category is the 3rd person, and it is $30 cheaper, the price for passengers 1 and 2 is the same, so I put in a request for the $30 OBC, hopefully I will get it ! Thanks again !

As long as its for the same category, which Im assuming it is since you said again the price is lower(doesnt matter where the cabins are), you are good to go.

I would rather pay for a higher deck.....than be on the Riviera/welfare deck.lol.

I would rather make a deal for them to move me up to a higher CATAGORY instead of asking for the money back.

Grow up the riveria deck is the same as any deck an oceanview or inside room will be the same.

ignorant people should keep their mouth shut.

Are you serious? Wow, that was so uncalled for! I agree with stellatj, ignorant people should keep their mouths closed!

Considering I will booking the Dream tomorrow for the Riviera deck, that was a pretty rude comment.

Archived