Just returned from TRIUMPH...Good luck on smuggling

mschuchu

Just returned from Triumph this morning....Had a awesome time!! But I talked to so many Cruisers that had their Alcohol taken:(. There were lots of creative ways they packed it and they they caught them. I spend a ton of money with Carnival. I would spend way more if Drinks were cheaper, but mainly if they were stonger. Thats why I smuggle just to add to their drinks. I hate to keep ordering drink after drink trying to get a bit of a buzz.... I get so full. Cant order another.

That is one of my complaints too. One night I was ordering a few drinks and I really didn't get a buzz and I think I had 4 or 5. If they are going to charge that much please don't disrespect me and try to gip me on the alcohol level.

From observing the threads for the past couple of years I have realized that the majority of the smugglers get caught during Spring Break and summer time or anytime it is high vacation times.

That is one of my complaints too. One night I was ordering a few drinks and I really didn't get a buzz and I think I had 4 or 5. If they are going to charge that much please don't disrespect me and try to gip me on the alcohol level.

Exactly!

I mentioned talking to a manager of Security for the New Orleans port, and she was amused that people think rum runners are invisble. She says that they are TSA trained and can tell by the color of the liquid on the 3D xray more of less what kind of liquid you have in your suitcase. She said they can also tell beer from coke in a 12 pack of coke.

...that you would not want someone to be able to smuggle explosives on, just because it was packed in a boot or in some clothes.

I keep telling ya ...they know, they just rarely do anything to stop it because she said they have so many suitcases to xray, they dont have time.

I mentioned talking to a manager of Security for the New Orleans port, and she was amused that people think rum runners are invisble. She says that they are TSA trained and can tell by the color of the liquid on the 3D xray more of less what kind of liquid you have in your suitcase. She said they can also tell beer from coke in a 12 pack of coke.

...that you would not want someone to be able to smuggle explosives on, just because it was packed in a boot or in some clothes.

I keep telling ya ...they know, they just rarely do anything to stop it because she said they have so many suitcases to xray, they dont have time.

Very true, but I also think that Security is more diligent during summer vacation and Spring Break when more "under 21" are going to be aboard.....

Very true, but I also think that Security is more diligent during summer vacation and Spring Break when more "under 21" are going to be aboard.....

I agree and can understand why they wouldnt want liability for something that might happen on their ships when a person smuggled the liquor on.

Darn... Can you tell us what ways were caught ? not that I'm smuggling of course...

We had it in two places. Within the center of a case of water in the water bottles. I would have never guessed they would find it. I was mad with my myself because my friend carried her water on as carry on and they didnt even look at it. WOW.... Have in the past gotten away with it. I also had a radom bottle in with my cosmetics, shampoos ect. just a clear travel bottle. Wow got me there too!! never would have thought. This caused me to get my luggage late at 5:30. Another guy said he had it in a listerine bottle....Got em! It seems people had in water bottles the most.

We had it in two places. Within the center of a case of water in the water bottles. I would have never guessed they would find it. I was mad with my myself because my friend carried her water on as carry on and they didnt even look at it. WOW.... Have in the past gotten away with it. I also had a radom bottle in with my cosmetics, shampoos ect. just a clear travel bottle. Wow got me there too!! never would have thought. This caused me to get my luggage late at 5:30. Another guy said he had it in a listerine bottle....Got em! It seems people had in water bottles the most.
Oh I didnt get it back!

I'm with CanadaJulie. How was yours packaged was it concealed or in original bottle? How much did they take? Did they give it back on the last night? So little information makes me belive it did not happen.

I must say they were on it!! We had it in two places. Within the center of a case of water in the water bottles. I would have never guessed they would find it. I was mad with my myself because my friend carried her water on as carry on and they didnt even look at it. WOW.... Have in the past gotten away with it. I also had a radom bottle in with my cosmetics, shampoos ect. just a clear travel bottle. Wow got me there too!! never would have thought. This caused me to get my luggage late at 5:30. Another guy said he had it in a listerine bottle....Got em! It seems people had in water bottles the most. And in no way did it spoil my cruise we had a blast!!! But I gave it a shot :)

progress.gif

I'm not a smuggler but when I sailed on the Triumph last month I carried on a Carnival booze box from another cruise. It had two bottles of wine in it. No one even asked me what is in it or opened the liquor box. Weird!

I'm not a smuggler but when I sailed on the Triumph last month I carried on a Carnival booze box from another cruise. It had two bottles of wine in it. No one even asked me what is in it or opened the liquor box. Weird!

It is allowed to bring Wine on the ship.

It is allowed to bring Wine on the ship.

You missed the point. Carnival had no idea what was in the box They never examined it. It could have still contained the Grey Goose I purchased on board in March.

Archived