Just got off the Jewel...

searlie

And we all want to go back! It was amazing...such a great time. I will post a review soon but if anybody has any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask and I hope I can answer them!

We all feel so spoiled...now back to reality and having to unpack, ugh!

Also, does anybody know Parker's last name (our wonderful cruise director)??? He was absolutely the BEST!!! :D

Welcome home! Glad to hear your cruise was so enjoyable. We'll be leaving three weeks today. Can you tell me the Captain's name that is taking Captain Fafalios place while on vacation? Also the Hotel Director that is taking John O'Hara's place while on vacation? Do you have any knowledge of when they both will be back to the Jewel? Thank you. Carol

Welcome home! Glad to hear your cruise was so enjoyable. We'll be leaving three weeks today. Can you tell me the Captain's name that is taking Captain Fafalios place while on vacation? Also the Hotel Director that is taking John O'Hara's place while on vacation? Do you have any knowledge of when they both will be back to the Jewel? Thank you. Carol

John was scheduled to leave on 5/22 and take two months off. I guess Iain is on vacation as well because I don't know who Parker is.

I am trying to find out Parker's last name -- he was our cruise director and was soooo amazing, loved him!!! I feel like an idiot that I didn't get his last name! As for the Captain, I will see if I can find it anywhere, I have to admit, I didn't memorize his name. He did a great job though -- we had heavy fog coming back to NY...creeped me out a bit in the night with the fog horn blowing but all was just fine... ;)

I am trying to find out Parker's last name -- he was our cruise director and was soooo amazing, loved him!!! I feel like an idiot that I didn't get his last name! As for the Captain, I will see if I can find it anywhere, I have to admit, I didn't memorize his name. He did a great job though -- we had heavy fog coming back to NY...creeped me out a bit in the night with the fog horn blowing but all was just fine... ;)

Check out the dailies from the 1st or 2nd day. His name might be there.

Jeanne

Fog you say?

CarnivalTriumph01-23-10048.jpg

CarnivalTriumph01-23-10050.jpg

Thanks so much for the nice "welcome home" messages -- and the fog pictures! I have some of my own...I will have to try to post them. About the dailies, that is a great idea -- unfortunately, I didn't think ahead enough...I wrote all over the dailies each day and highlighted them and by the end of the day, they were so worn out, I tossed them -- big mistake! I wish I would have saved them... Oh well, I will find out his last name somehow....

Now to finish unpacking!!! :o

I believe his last name was Christian...What a great cruise director! Well, he is the ONLY cruise director i've known because it was my first cruise...but he did a GREAT job. This was his first cruise with NCL but has been in the industry for years...

Thanks for the last name ideas, I appreciate it! He said he has been in the cruise industry for 20 years or so, but this was his first with NCL. His assistant (Sinan) was funny also...great cruise! :)

We had a great time too! Our cruise director's name is Parker Cristan. This was his first time with NCL. He was with Royal Carribean for 20 years and Holland for 1. He was wonderful, very funny and a great host. Our captain's name was Igor? .The hotel director from what I remember was Brian Walters from the US. I saw the crew photos outside the card room.

We missed the Meet and Greet :(, dd wasn't feeling well. How was it?

How was the food?

Okay, so here is my honest opinion. Keep in mind that this was my first cruise so I have nothing to compare the food to except my life "on shore".

Most of the food on this ship was hit or miss for me. My first meal on the ship was in the Blue Lagoon and I am sad to say did not live up to our expectations. While the sauce for the wings was good, the chicken was of poor quality. The spinach and artichoke dip was on the verge of "inedible". I am happy to say the fish and chips, while not the best quality, was probably the highlight of our meal.

We dined in the main dining rooms here and there making sure we hit up at least one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. We ordered several of the appetizers as well as entrees so we could try a lot of different things. Again, the food was hit or miss. When it missed, it REALLY missed and when it was a hit it was just OKAY. The soups offered were the best part of every meal, they were actually really good so if you find that you are hungry order two!

The buffet is utter chaos during peak dining times. The food offered was unimpressive at best. Needless to say, we only ate in the buffet when we had no other options so we didn't go hungry. You can always find something to eat.

The extra money you have to spend to eat in the specialty restaurants is TOTALLY worth it. The quality of food served in these venues is miles above what is offered in the MDRs and buffets. We dined at Tappanyaki, Cagney's and ChinChin. Again, make sure you order the soups! The only time I really ever felt full and completely satisfied after a meal was when I dined in one of the specialty restaurants.

While the food didn't take away from my experience on the cruise (I had an AMAAAAAAZING time), it definitely did not live up to my expectations based on hearing other peoples opinions on the food. Regardless, I would totally sail NCL again and can't wait to use the Future Cruise Certificate I purchased while onboard!

oh and room stay away from room service...yuck!

Archived