Cruising out of Baltimore in 2011

In exchange for the Pride or along with the Pride?

Along with the Pride is what we were told onboard last week. I'm still waiting to see official word, but it seemed to be common knowledge onboard from the CD to the dining room.

Wish they would do longer cruises so the itineraries so the cruise would be of more interest to us.

Absolutely no interest in going to either nassau or freeport again.

Another cruise line out of Baltimore that begins with C does 9 and 12 day

itineraries....

Another cruise line out of Baltimore that begins with C does 9 and 12 day

itineraries....

Thanks but hard to take two weeks off from work.

I love the Carnival ones that leave Saturday and return Sunday.

I went to see my dad today in Bel Air, MD and drove past the Pride twice! (on 95) I screamed in the car as went by her! What a GREAT time we had on her! I can't wait to see what other ship comes to Baltimore! :D

I live in Bel Air and everytime we have to go thru the tunnel on a Sunday I go nuts in the car. I'll be going that way this coming Sunday Yeah

Just got a brochure in the mail today saying that Carnival noticed we haven't cruised on them since August of 2008. It then went on to say that we could cruise out of Baltimore without paying airfare on the Pride or Fantasy. So, Fantasy is the 2nd CCL ship out of Baltimore.

I agree with others that want a new itinerary that doesn't go to Nassau. I love 1/2 Moon Cay. We are trying to decide on a cruise for March 2011. The Pride would save us airfare but cruising out of Baltimore at that time of year worries me. Would it be too cold for the kids to use the pool?????? But cruising out of Miami involved airfare for all 7 of us and that won't be cheap.

Just got a brochure in the mail today saying that Carnival noticed we haven't cruised on them since August of 2008. It then went on to say that we could cruise out of Baltimore without paying airfare on the Pride or Fantasy. So, Fantasy is the 2nd CCL ship out of Baltimore.

I agree with others that want a new itinerary that doesn't go to Nassau. I love 1/2 Moon Cay. We are trying to decide on a cruise for March 2011. The Pride would save us airfare but cruising out of Baltimore at that time of year worries me. Would it be too cold for the kids to use the pool?????? But cruising out of Miami involved airfare for all 7 of us and that won't be cheap.

The Fantasy has cruise dates well into 2012 out of Charleston from what I see.:eek:

Wasn't the Fantasy one of the first to get the whole Water Works play area added? Anyway, there are no balcony cabins unless you pay for suites so we probably wouldn't choose the Fantasy. I suppose it was a pipedream that we'd get two Spirit class ships? I really wanted the Miracle or Spirit to come to Baltimore.

Wasn't the Fantasy one of the first to get the whole Water Works play area added? Anyway, there are no balcony cabins unless you pay for suites so we probably wouldn't choose the Fantasy. I suppose it was a pipedream that we'd get two Spirit class ships? I really wanted the Miracle or Spirit to come to Baltimore.

The Fantasy was the 3rd ship to get the upgrades. It went Inspiration, Imagination, Fantasy, Sensation, Ecstasy, Fascination.

If Baltimore does get a second ship it will probably be a Fantasy class ship. I can't see them homeporting two Spirit class ships at the same port, since there are only four of them.

I'd be a little disappointed if the 2nd ship is Fantasy as she's the oldest ship in the fleet, being in service since 1990. But I'm sure they'll be some great deals.

Many people love the Fantasy. It has recently had some major renovations. But I doubt it will be the Fantasy.

Was told by four different employees on the Pride this last week (including some senior management) that Baltimore is getting a second ship next year and new itineraries although no one could give any specifics. Will be interesting to see what comes out.

The Pride is also due to head for drydock sometime in Jan. 2011. The rough winter and rough seas during all those snowstorms really battered the ship according to the crew.

That is great info, I had no idea that it was even being considered. But you can really see why because the Baltimore cruises have been selling good. Its a beautiful port to sail from and its awesome sailing down the Bay. Its great for us right coasters to have somewhere central to go catch a ship. Bermuda would be nice.

Has anyone else receive this? You should take a pic of the mailing and post it.

Yes and I would be surprised if they moved it again. But one never knows......

Would love to see the brochure that mominwestlake got!

Thats what I thought...I want to saw I saw it was on the news down there and they had this big to do about it...

Yes and I would be surprised if they moved it again. But one never knows......

Would love to see the brochure that mominwestlake got!

I'm still thinking they will move the Fascination somewhere due to the terminal issues in Jax. Could be they are thinking of moving the Fantasy with less balconies to Baltimore where the winter sailings probably won't sell as many balconies and then move the Fascination to Charleston?

I know - the waiting is killing me! Don't really want to book my next cruises until I know what all the options are!

Ditto. That's why I'm on CC almost every waking minute. Looking for an announcement. I want to book while on my August 2010 cruise, so I hope they announce it soon.

Archived