Suite or Aft Wrap?

valancy1

Which would you choose and why? There seems to be appeal for both. I have a chance to cruise free next year and want to really "do it up". The appeal of a suite (priority boarding, etc.) seems a draw, but the wrap around balcony of an aft-wrap..... SIGH.

Anyone want to discuss this?

TIA,

I guess Id choose the 9C aft wrap ..dont know what Id do with all that private balcony, but it would be nice to have.

since a suite doesnt come with any perks, no biggie to me and we wouldnt use a bath tub. I prefer a shower.

I agree with this poster....On most of cruises we have had a balcony and enjoyed it very much, read tons of reviews about the bigger balcony, never understood it but then we book the Miracle with a bigger balcony (depth) and we liked the extra space...

We just booked our first suite, and we are so excited and the price difference on the two options that you are comparing is not a big difference...

I tend to use the balcony ALOT but i use the room alot more!

Go with your gut, and you won't do wrong!

Enjoy!

It depends what is important to you.

Smaller cabin and bigger balcony or

larger cabin and smaller balcony

Hey Debra!!!

If you go on a Spirit class ship, you could get a VS (old Cat 11). Not the highest category suite, but still a suite (with VIP boarding) and the wrap around balcony.

I've not been in a suite or seen one in person (only photos/video of it), but I loved the aft wrap I was in on the Glory. LOVED that balcony! I would definitely not trade it for a suite's balcony unless the suite was an aft wrap (which I don't think happens on Carnival ships). The Glory's aft wrap on deck 7 was plenty spacious IMO.

We've done both the suite and the aft wrap. Both were nice but the Aft Wrap on Miracle was the nicest cabin we've had. Living room, dressing room, bathroom with a tub and seperate bedroom. It was just DH and myself so we didn't need the extra space but it was nice to have. We had lots of people come by and ask if they could just come in and see what it was like. We didn't mind at all and met some really nice people that way. The ONLY draw back is that it's a long way to the front of the ship so you have to take that into consideration when you're heading for a show. Personally I don't consider that a real problem.

We did the Aft Wrap on an 8 day cruise so we wanted to splurge a little. I don't know that we'll ever spend the extra money to do it again but if it were a free cruise that's the one I'd pick.

personally - aft wrap any day. I don't hang out in the cabin - I am in there to sleep, shower, dress, etc. However - I do enjoy hanging out on my balcony - on my last cruise I spent pretty much the entire last day relaxing on our cove balcony. <sigh>

On our last cruise, we had an aft wrap on the Pride. It was not planned but we were offered it at a discounted price a few weeks before sailing. We took it because this was the only suite or wrap we could afford. We loved it. We had priority boarding, bathtub, separate bedroom, separate sitting room, tv's in both areas and several windows in both rooms. The balcony was wonderful.

We have had both and loved each for different reasons. The bathroom in the suite was great but we keep going back to aft rooms with the wrap balcony. We don't spend a lot of time in our room but do spend a lot of time on our balcony.

I agree with the Spirit Class VS suggestions. Best of both worlds. We had room 4237 on the Miracle, the room was very nice and the balcony was spectacular. The aft-wraps on the 4th level have full protection overhead and are very private.:D It's like having your own mini Lido deck. Plus you get the VIP advantages.

Once you go wrap you never go back:)

That's what I was afraid of. So I suppose we'll have to find better ways to finance our more expensive cruises after this year.

j

Which would you choose and why? There seems to be appeal for both. I have a chance to cruise free next year and want to really "do it up". The appeal of a suite (priority boarding, etc.) seems a draw, but the wrap around balcony of an aft-wrap..... SIGH.

Anyone want to discuss this?

TIA,

We've had both, and both have their advantages. Here's how I'd choose... If you're going with another couple or a group, you can't beat the extra room of an aft-wrap balcony, even considering that you could open the divider between two suites that are side-by-side. But, if it's just the two of you, I'd go with the suite for the extra cabin room, nicer appointments, and VIP check-in. But that's just us. Some will swear by suites, while a lot of others would go the aft-wrap route every time. Either way, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks everyone (so far) for weighing in--this is fun to "listen" to all your opinions.

Keep 'em coming! :D

Thanks again,

Aft-wrap definately! Suites are no big deal on Carnival(small).The extra balcony with sun and shade is great.

Oh, I don't know at this point... though the Spriit class ships are sounding really appealing! (I've always wanted to cruise on one and haven't yet)...

I will be in my first Aft Wrap (4228) which is also a Suite on the Spirit to Alaska in Aug. I will let you know if it was worth the $$$ ;)

Archived