Royal Carribean Shareholder / Stateroom Credit

My wife and I will be on the Voyager OTS in May of this year. I've seen previous posters make reference to being RCL shareholders, and getting a stateroom credit as a result....I called RCL this morning, and was given instructions to either mail or fax a copy of my brokerage account statement to RCL with a cover letter (including our booking id#), and the company would make sure we get the credit. I faxed this info to the firm this morning.

Being the skeptic that I am, however, I wanted to make sure I was getting good information. Anyone who has ever done this before, I'd appreciate your comments. In addition, how long *after* I fax the info does RCL do whatever it is that they are supposed to do? Will I get some sort of confirmation from RCL, either in the mail or by email? Lastly, when and how should I follow up with RCL to make sure that they do their end of the job?

I appreciate any comments,

Michael

The shareholder credit program seems to work very well; we have made use of our credit multiple times, even twice in the same year. There is actually a form that can be faxed or mailed along with your proxy or brokerage statement and it is located here (under subtitle "Shareholder Discount") :

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=100&layout=9

I have never called to verify that my credit has been placed on account but it is always there around the second day of our cruise..its a nice perk and the stock has really blossomed since we bought several years ago. If you can combine that discount with others (Visa card coupons, balcony discounts for Platinum, etc.) it makes a nice dent in your seapass card account and the overall price of your cruise. I even ask my TA to not send the traditional wine or champagne but to give us an onboard credit instead...its worth $25 to $50 bucks usually.

The shareholder credit program seems to work very well; we have made use of our credit multiple times, even twice in the same year. There is actually a form that can be faxed or mailed along with your proxy or brokerage statement and it is located here (under subtitle "Shareholder Discount") :

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=100&layout=9

I have never called to verify that my credit has been placed on account but it is always there around the second day of our cruise..its a nice perk and the stock has really blossomed since we bought several years ago. If you can combine that discount with others (Visa card coupons, balcony discounts for Platinum, etc.) it makes a nice dent in your seapass card account and the overall price of your cruise. I even ask my TA to not send the traditional wine or champagne but to give us an onboard credit instead...its worth $25 to $50 bucks usually.

Thanks for the link, I ended up re-faxing the information to RCL along with the form a few minutes ago. Knowing my compulsive (not really) nature, I will contact RCL within about a week or so to make sure all is in order, but I was glad to read that you haven't had any problems previously. I have the RCL Visa card, and think I've got enough points for the $50 stateroom credit, so I'll probably take advantage of that as well.

Thanks again,

Michael

If you have the capability of scanning your documentation and emailing it to RCI as an attachment, you will receive an email reply from them. Otherwise, you or the TA must contact them to verify receipt. We have never had a problem but always take proof....just in case.

We used the shareholder credit 3 times last year. After faxing it to RCL we usually wait about 2-3 weeks and then have our travel agent check to make sure the credit is there. We have booked all our cruises through a travel agency, the first time I called RCL directly and they verified the credit, the last 2 times they said the agent had to call. Go figure. They have never sent any confirmation back after receiving the fax. I think its a lot easier to do this simple check then to have a hassle onboard. I also take a copy of the completed form with me just in case!

Thank you all very much for your input and information. We booked directly with RCL, so I will follow up directly with them. Based on your feedback, I don't anticipate a problem, but will make sure I have my ducks in a row prior to the cruise.

Happy sailing, everyone!

Michael

Michael, let us know if you get an answere from them. My TA I normally use says they don't give any confirmation prior to the cruise. However, I recently had to cancel a cruise and booked another in it's place and I guess the form that was faxed in got separated form the stock statement. Someone emailed me to fax the statement and I had them confirm it was in place for my other cruises and she did.smile.gif

Michael, let us know if you get an answere from them. My TA I normally use says they don't give any confirmation prior to the cruise. However, I recently had to cancel a cruise and booked another in it's place and I guess the form that was faxed in got separated form the stock statement. Someone emailed me to fax the statement and I had them confirm it was in place for my other cruises and she did.smile.gif

I left a message this morning for a person recommended by RCL's IR (Investor Relations) office...she has yet to call me back, but I suspect she will soon enough, though I will follow up with them definately (I'm like a pit bull that way). I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Michael

Michael, I downloaded a copy of the purchase confirmation from my brokerage, then scrubbed the sensitive information (account number). I cut & past the information into an email (had to do a little formatting) and sent that to investor relations, along with the booking numbers, sail dates, and ships we were on. I received a confirmation the next day. The email address was 'ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com'

Guest enjoycruises

With the stock prices going down, I wouldn't mind buying shares. If I buy now can I use the shipboard credit for my cruise in June or is there a waiting period? I booked this sailing last summer.

Hi Michael,

We've sailed on RCL five times. The last time, there was no problem receiving the shareholder credit. On the four previous occasions, it was not automatically credited to our account. We had to make numerous visits to the pruser's desk. Please take your supporting documents with you. If it is not credited, the purser will fax them to RCL's home office. Ultimately, we did receive our credit each time. BTW, sorry to point out that RCL stock has taken a pretty good hit in the last week!

Bill

I have used the shareholders perks for numerous of time.

I just faxed in this afternoon for my 2 upcoming cruise with the form and proof of ownership and they have posted that credit in my file already!! That is really impressive..

Shareholder credit is a breeze. I recommend calling and confirming the credit yourself. It was missing on our last cruise but because our TA had call. The TA got it confused with the C&A credit. We contacted RCL and they keep a record of your calls so we verified what had happened and they gave us the credit on our credit card. The RCL rep I talked to told me to always confirm this credit around a week after you send it in. I have had no problem getting confirmation from RCL even though I use a travel agent. Just make sure to emphasize that this is a stockholder credit you are verifying and that you process this directly with RCL. The TA has nothing to do with this credit.

what is the share holder credit equivelent to? ...do you get room credits? or do you get booking discounts? ...and what amounts?

If you own at least 100 shares of Royal carribean stock, you get a stateroom credit. From what I understand, the amount depends on the length of time you will cruise...shorter cruises less, longer cruises more. We are taking an eight (8) night cruise in May, and we will get a $100 stateroom credit as a result of owning RCL stock.

Michael & Silke

We own our RCL stock jointly in both mine and my husband's names (100 shares). We booked two cabins last year with me registered in one and my husband in the other. We got $100 shipboard credit for each stateroom ($200 total) since they were both cabins were in a shareholder's name.

Archived