How to pack a suitcase butler style!

rothjer

Check it out!

For those of use who are packing obssessed to those who are more in tune with the new luggage requirements (and fees) by airlines, here are some great tips I found to help pack the perfect suitcase.

I wonder if this is how X's butlers pack suitcases too!?

That is precisely why I drive from Texas to my departure ports....

BB; I would drive too if I could. But I think the method shown is really neat, especially when wanting to pack blazers and suits, and really dont want to compromise creases and nicely pressed clothing. Better than a suit carry on, its so cumbersome , I've forgotten it many times in the departure lounge as well !

FYI, after years travelling with my military husband, I learned to pack much like this, but we use dry cleaning bags between layers of clothes. They are handy, don't require a special purchase like tissue paper does. They slide back and forth and this, I have found, relieves the creasing issue. The clothes seem to "float' around in the suitcase. That, and some Downy Wrinkle Release, and we're good to go!

Me, I stuff it in making sure the wife's vodka bottle is safe in the middle then down the side goes the travel iron, does wonders.That is how it is done in the land of the international truck driver.

Travel iron's are an item not allowed on X to me knowledge. Plus, why do the work on vacation when I can do it before hand. Wrinkled clothing looks so sloppy.

Did I mention cost savings; it costs a lot to get those nice things pressed. An item or two is one thing, but if done incorrectly also t-shirts, shorts, shirts and pants. My time is free, especially when I am excited to go on a vacation, why not spend your own time to do it. Saves the nerves and the money.

Archived