Seatac baggage claim and shuttles

iloverags2

Hi All! I posted this under the Pacific Northwest forum, but may get more information here also. I am helping my mom and her husband plan their cruise to Alaska next month. None of us are familiar with Seatac! :eek: My mom is in her late 60's and her husband is mid-70's, and each will have one or two suitcases with them (in addition to a light carry-on). Will the skycaps/porters at Seatac assist them (and they will be tipped, of course!) with their luggage over to the shuttle area? They are both used to shuttles and towncars/cabs picking up right at the curb outside of baggage claim at airports, so this will be a different experience for them.

I should have added they will consider a towncar also if the towncars do in fact pick up right at baggage claim rather than over the skybridge. I have read conflicting reports on this, so if anyone knows where they actually pick up that would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks in advance!

it would help if you told us where they are staying and what airline they are flying. Grayline airporter stops at baggage claim and is closer to Delta, Continental and American. Porters are sometimes hard to find in my experience but they are available. Its sort of luck of the draw. Shuttles will leave from door 00 depending on where they are going. Towncars will pick them up at the door closest to them in baggage claim. Just call #55 from an airport phone to get ground transportation to dispatch a towncar. This will save the walk over the skybridge. Shuttle Express and similar will be int he pkg garage so its more of a walk.

Thanks for the info! They will be staying downtown, and flying in on American. Since the towncars do stop right next to baggage claim as opposed to the area on the other side of the skywalk, that's the way I will go in getting them all set-up. I appreciate your help!

If they are on American they would be pretty close to Grayline as well assuming they are staying at one of the big hotels that they serve, Hilton, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt etc. Overall the town cars are the easiest.

Archived