Finally booked "Explorer" for July 3rd and a question?

Oh that's nice the family taking a 4th of July cruise. I will be there for sure. The upgrade suite sounds kinda odd but if it turns out to be true I will take it and run. Thanks for the advice. I cannot wait to go. I have never been to Bermuda,fun? What's it like? Thanks JC

First time for us as well. There is an exhaustive list of shore excursions listed on the Royal Caribbean website for Bermuda.

I have never been to Bermuda,fun? What's it like? Thanks JC

I have never been to Bermuda, either, but after reading through the Ports of Call Bermuda board HERE, and doing some other research, we have decided on the following itinerary:

MONDAY - arrive in port 9:00 am - we have booked a private tour guide for an overview tour of the island for the first half of the day. The public transportation system is inexpensive and easy to use, but we really want to have an individualized tour by a recommended guide.

Our plan after the tour was to have lunch in St. George, then spend some time swimming and snorkeling at Tobacco Bay before taking the ferry back to the Dockyards. However, it turns out this is a holiday, so the ferry schedule is limited, and many shops and restaurants may be closed. We'll just play it by ear, depending on our tour guide for advice.

We have the specialty restaurant on the Ship booked for dinner that evening, and if we have the energy we might go back out for a bit of Destination Dockyard after dinner.

TUESDAY - We have a snorkel tour reserved directly with Jessie James for that morning. We will spend the afternoon exploring the Dockyard area before the ship's departure time.

I did find that unlike at other ports we have visited, the price of the RCL excursions in Bermuda is generally pretty close to privately booked ones (they are usually much more expensive), but we still enjoy the traditionally smaller groups and more personalized service of private tours.

Look over the boards to see what might interest your family. I will report back when we return June 24!

Also, there is tons of advice and some very helpful frequent posters on the East Coast Departures board, if you have questions about Bayonne.

Sue

Ok thanks for the help. Subtchr that is a well thought out plan. You really have everything down that you want to do. We are just gonna wing it. There is one specific thing my wife wants to do that we booked already but not sure what. Anyway have a great time,I know I will. JC

It is unlikely that a hurricane would be in the same place you are scheduled to be and at the same time. Worst case, the Explorer would probably divert to a New England/Canada itinerary. All cruise lines reserve the right to change itineraries if needed. Safety and passenger comfort is the highest priority

Eric

It is unlikely that a hurricane would be in the same place you are scheduled to be and at the same time. Worst case, the Explorer would probably divert to a New England/Canada itinerary. All cruise lines reserve the right to change itineraries if needed. Safety and passenger comfort is the highest priority

Eric

Oh I love the sound of that. I loved the Cananda/NE cruise on Explorer last year. I don't mind that at all.

Archived