Fruit Baskets

Looking for suggestions here........

When we arrived in our cabin on the Spirit in April we had 4 Fruit baskets waiting for us from different sources (Platinum latitudes, VIP, Travel agent, and from an officer on the ship).

We really don't eat fruit on a ship full of good food, and they basically just took up space and 3 of them went to waste....we did pawn off one on the couple in the cabin next to us. :D

What else could we have done with the extras???

At least a few of them came with bottles of wine in them, we knew what to do with that...:D

Send them anonymously to your cabin neighbors? Donate them to the buffet? LOL.

I really can't think of a good option. You can't bring food off the ship... it would spoil by the time you got home... I think you did the best you could by gifting just one of them!

Are you serious OP? Feed the fish. Flush them. Throw them at outlandish passengers. Use them as foot massages. Have cabin bowling.:rolleyes:

You forgot add to eat them and use it as a diet tool.

We would have eaten them as pre-breakfast fruit and hubby would probably have eaten some as a late night snack. We have no problem getting rid of fruit. I often eat an apple or banana as I sit reading a book.

I'm not sure what else you could have done with yours. You might have found out if your cabin stewards were interested in them, especially if any of the fruit was different from what was offered on the ship, like pears.

I bring my magic bullet blender with me and some margarita and/or daiquiri mix. I add different kinds of fruit to make some yummy smoothies - a little alcohol for mine and I'm all set for sitting and sipping on the balcony. It doesn't get any better than this!

Looks more like a fruit plate to me.....

Stewards might like it, I like the CC m&g prize tho!

You're right Sauer-kraut, there wasn't much too it, it was more of a plate than a basket..

I am not so sure that the room stewards would like it. We took the behind the scenes tour, and the crew 'mess hall" looked very similar, only smaller to the passenger buffet. Plenty of fruit was there for them.

:o:o:o

I bring my magic bullet blender with me and some margarita and/or daiquiri mix. I add different kinds of fruit to make some yummy smoothies - a little alcohol for mine and I'm all set for sitting and sipping on the balcony. It doesn't get any better than this!

YOU stole my comment!!! LOL

Archived