Emerald 10 day Southern in September

veggie59

Hello......I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight to this intinery. We have not sailed on Princess before, but we have been to St Thomas and Aruba many times on previous cruises. This cruise also goes to Bonaire, Grenada, and Dominica. Any highlights of these islands? I believe we will be in Bonaire on my birthday.....any good places to get a cocktail??

Thanks!

we did this cruise itinerary in April 09, it was wonderful.

I don't remember any significant bars in Bonaire, but I'm sure there will be a place for you to get a cocktail there. You could get better information by checking the Ports of Call forums for tips on Bonaire.

Have a great cruise

We have sailed this itinerary a few times. Two times rented Harley's in Aruba and toured the island with a guide. Loved it. Carlo's and Charlie's is no longer there. Now it's Senor Frog's.

Dominica: mostly rainforest. Great place for hiking and touring. Great snorkeling at Champagne reef. It has little bubbles coming up from the ocean floor caused by volcano's. The bubbles are actually warm! Mr. Nice's fruit stand is also popular.

Bonaire: mostly known for the diving. We rented scooters and drove the whole perimeter of the island. There is a nice bar near the salt flats where you can rent a kite board. The water for hundreds of yards only comes up to your waist.

Grenada: nice place to visit for spices. We took a tour around the island and stopped at Grande Anse beach.

Carlos and Charlies is gone....my hubby is going to be disappointed lol. We have been to Aruba a few times and always made our way there as we were in port late.

Seems like the other 3 islands are more beach oriented? It figures......I'm not the beach goer......though hubby is. I like to take pictures and shop. I am sure there will be some interesting things to photograph. :)

we did this itinerary last January and we did it in 2008. Ask any questions you may have, also you can check out my blog and search for details

Thanks for posting the link to your blog. I just read some of it. You are like myself........looking to get the best bang for the buck....even when cruising!!!

You said you did the cruise in January....we are cruisng in September. I am wondering what the temperature range is for some of these ports? I know it will be hot (ugh) .....hubby will be happy.

We did this itinery in October of 2008. It was wonderful. Our roll call arranged a private tour in Grenada and we saw the island and nutmeg plantation plus a few other stops along the way. We did a whale watching in Dominica, hot and boring. I would not recommend. In Bonaire we hired a private guide with another couple and went snorkeling. The vehicle had a flat, she didn't have a jack and we were delayed outside Yenni's art museum. To this day we still laugh about our side trip and it was the most memorable part of the trip at times. There is a bar right across the street from where the ship docks with outdoor seating. You will not go thirsty! Lots of shopping in Bonaire as well but don't think the prices were anything special. Best deal was at Yenni's! :)

Hello......I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight to this intinery. We have not sailed on Princess before, but we have been to St Thomas and Aruba many times on previous cruises. This cruise also goes to Bonaire, Grenada, and Dominica. Any highlights of these islands? I believe we will be in Bonaire on my birthday.....any good places to get a cocktail??

Thanks!

Great question. We will be on the same cruise with you and I will be celebrating my birthday in Aruba....which is the main reason I chose this cruise. Anyhow, will look forward to the responses you get as I was wondering the same.

Great question. We will be on the same cruise with you and I will be celebrating my birthday in Aruba....which is the main reason I chose this cruise. Anyhow, will look forward to the responses you get as I was wondering the same.

Have you been on the Roll Call?? We need to get it moving!!! :D

Have you been on the Roll Call?? We need to get it moving!!! :D

I peeked at the roll call briefly a couple of months ago but haven't joined yet. Last cruise out, it got so big and so organized that there were well over 250 pax and they all ordered t-shirts and purchased slot pulls, etc.

Now, I am not a party pooper but that is way too much organization for my vacation....sounded more like work to me keeping up with all those schedules. I don't like to join in and then just not show up....so will make a decision and I will get my act in gear though in the coming month or so. thank you for the invite!!

I peeked at the roll call briefly a couple of months ago but haven't joined yet. Last cruise out, it got so big and so organized that there were well over 250 pax and they all ordered t-shirts and purchased slot pulls, etc.

Now, I am not a party pooper but that is way too much organization for my vacation....sounded more like work to me keeping up with all those schedules. I don't like to join in and then just not show up....so will make a decision and I will get my act in gear though in the coming month or so. thank you for the invite!!

There are nowhere near 250 people in the Roll Call. We NEED more people in there with their thoughts and ideas for the cruise. It is always good to get to know a few fellow passengers before we set sail. Unless there is a large influx of people soon.......you wont have to worry about it getting too big.

• 2 weeks later...
There are nowhere near 250 people in the Roll Call. We NEED more people in there with their thoughts and ideas for the cruise. It is always good to get to know a few fellow passengers before we set sail. Unless there is a large influx of people soon.......you wont have to worry about it getting too big.

I do see that the roll call is slight. We may be going with another couple and they are so totally not into it...but like I said, will get my act together and join in.

Carlos and Charlies is gone....my hubby is going to be disappointed lol.

Aren't they the same other than the name?

I know Carlos and Charlie's and Senor Frog's are owned by the same company.

Mike:)

Archived