What was the worst.....

bigboy1955

I looked at my husbands appetizer and decided I shouldn't say I didn't like scallops if I had never tried them, so I did, not for me. But my reaction brought much laughter to the other couples at our table and I can say I tried something new, always a good thing. My son is excited to try lobster this next cruise, so it was not all a bad experience.

Any food eaten in paradise is worth eating, except scallops. :0

I forget the name of the ship I was on (older ship out of NOLA), but the steaks/prime rib were terrible. Very tough. However, I've had them on other cruises & they were good.

I also don't care for the veal parm. Not enough sauce & cheese. Certainly not like what I'd get in an Italian restaurant.

On our last cruise, Fantasy. My 11 yr old grandson thought he hit the jackpot when he came back with a plate from the buffet desert bar!! He saved the cupcake for last......it was white cake with dried fruit in it....I have a video of him gaggggging......LOL!!! Priceless Moment!!!:D

I guess if I had to pick something it would be - chocolate melting cake, it's okay but can't see what the big deal is. And the sushi - I honestly thought it would be the real deal being on a cruise ship but it was just the faux stuff but still very good as far as faux goes

The Cornfed Chicken Breast. It was very bland.

I have to agree & I love chicken. It just didn't have any taste. Some of the desserts on lido at lunch look really good but didn't have much flavor. Not talking about the awesome ones at night in the dining room.

A fish dinner on Costa. Smelled "putrid" and my son almost retched just from the smell, and it was my dinner. I really have no idea how it tasted though, I couldn't get beyond the smell. I covered it with another plate and asked the waiter to remove it from the table. Far and away the worst I've had. The second worst was again on Costa, where a pizza was served to my son at dinner. It was doughy, as if not cooked. Really odd.

On our last cruise, Fantasy. My 11 yr old grandson thought he hit the jackpot when he came back with a plate from the buffet desert bar!! He saved the cupcake for last......it was white cake with dried fruit in it....I have a video of him gaggggging......LOL!!! Priceless Moment!!!:D

Tee hee!! I managed not to gag, but I really did not care for the cupcake! The cake part wasn't even sweet! :confused: Maybe if it was sweet, it would all mesh better together, but it was almost like bread. :eek:

funny on the cupcakes i agree the cake part was like old citron from a fruit cake i ate it anyway my son gagged.

i tried the baked alaska our whole table did we all took one bite and looked at each other laughing it was so salty tasting we could not even imagine taking another bite we seen all the waiters taking it back

I'm also among the few who truly dislike WCMC but that's just a matter of personal preference. The worst dessert by far is the sugar free pumpkin pie. I have no idea how they made it turn out as badly as they did. Just look in the dictionary for the definition of "nasty" and you will find a photo of this gag-inducing blob of gelatinous hell with a crust.

I tried the Chiles rellenos ( spelling?) on my last cruise. It was so hot it was inedible. Even DH who eats extremely spicy food all the time said it was too hot to be enjoyable.

I have had it before though and it was good.

The fried oysters on the Liberty last year. Had them at the Fish and Chip place and they tasted very "oily", I dont mean greasy, but an old oil/rotten fish taste, just hard to describe. I have had fried oysters many times before, so I decided to give them a try again in the MDR as an appetizer, just to see if it was a one time thing. Same bad taste. Everything else at the Fish and Chip place was very good though, and also in the MDR. :)

Archived