Oceania (Regatta) to sail in OZ again in 2012

Paulchili

Another interesting aspect is that Riviera, Marina's sister ship, is estimated to go in service in mid-2012. I would guess she would be in the Med initially, but it does free up other ships, for instance, one to be in the Pacific.

Another interesting aspect is that Riviera, Marina's sister ship, is estimated to go in service in mid-2012. I would guess she would be in the Med initially, but it does free up other ships, for instance, one to be in the Pacific.

My plan: OZ in Jan or Feb 2012 on Regatta and then Riviera maiden voyage - April? 2012 or a Mediterranean itinerary later in 2012 (or both!!!)

So many cruises, so little time.

• 1 month later...

Jan-- any word yet how much longer we have to wait for the much anticipated release of the 2012 itineraries? The suspense is killing us!! Hope something new and exciting is in store for us all!! Don't really want to give our $ to Princess which has an interesting itinerary to Fiji for early 2012. Thanks

Faye

In an earlier post FDR said that the new itineraries will be released sometime between Aug 15th and Oct 1st.

If it's the former - you don't have to wait too much longer; if it's the latter, you'd better get a comfortable seat (or a good book or two) :)

• 2 weeks later...
I stil want to know what PaulChili (and now others) means by OZ. Though thanks for the laugh, Jimand Stan.

Sailing in Australia and sometimes combined with New Zealand (my very favorite!!!!)

Jil

I stil want to know what PaulChili (and now others) means by OZ.

I hope this will help some:

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080731014435AAZHowE

Also this quote from Wikipedia:

Pronounced [əˈstɹæɪljə, -liə] in Australian English,[15] the name Australia is derived from the Latin australis, meaning "southern". The country has been referred to colloquially as Oz since the early 20th century.N5 Aussie is a common, colloquial term for "Australian".N6

This is taken from Australian slang dictionary (http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html under O:

Outback : interior of Australia

Oz : Australia!

I could keep going, but you get the idea :D

BTW, reading the Australian slang dictionary gave me a few good chuckles, especially about pommies

• 4 weeks later...

Archived