ready to book... where do i go from here??

momofdss

I've done my research. Priced my selection on various websites. But I've never cruised before and want to make sure I get a great stateroom, the best deal, and everything set individualized. It just seems if I purchase on one of the "vacation websites" that it's just generalized. Which has always been fine when I was booking our air/land vacations. :cool: I just don't understand the differences in the catagories (a,b,c,d,e....) to know what's best for us. :confused: I know that I want a balcony stateroom in the middle of the ship, with staterooms above and below to decrease noise, so would any cabin be ok? I want to make sure that if there's a price drop, that I can take advantage of that too.... OBC would be great!! Should I get a TA, PVP, or would a website be ok?

Any suggestions for me? BTW, traveling are 2 adults, 1 child (age 4). Our first cruise - and I DON'T want it to be the only and last!! Thanks for any help.....

I would recommend calling a Carnival PVP direct if you are looking at taking a cruise with Carnival. Some prefer using TAs. It might be good to give some of them calls just to see what they can do for you, OBC, other comps, insurance, etc.

I, personally, have found a PVP from Carnival to be very helpful. You can give them all of your questions and preferences, and they can generally match prices with online agencies. Booking ES rate would allow you to take advantage of price drops, if you are diligent in checking rates frequently. It's just my personal opinion...and I've cruised with Carnival 13 times so far...(14th currently booked for July 17th) :)

Just so you know, all those TA sites where info is generalize, are not allowed to advertise lower rates than booking direct with Carnival will get you.

(some TAs will discount privately but it will NOT be on their website).

I would book direct from what you said too. I agree with the above posters, get a PVP who at least knows Carnival. I read posts on here all the time where a TA is great someone claims ..but called Carnival and found out that other than Early Saver rates, there are no price drops after final payment ...if the TA was so great, they wouldnt have had to call Carnival for basic rules.

I would definitely call Carnival direct to book and ask them about their suggestion for the best cabin based on what you want.

I would also suggest that before you give them your card number, ask them to explain to you fully about the rate you book and any restrictions on that rate.

A PVP will be able to explain everything to you and help you through the booking process.

I would recommend calling a Carnival PVP direct if you are looking at taking a cruise with Carnival. Some prefer using TAs. It might be good to give some of them calls just to see what they can do for you, OBC, other comps, insurance, etc.

They will do and offer NOTHING as far as OBC, ins. etc. If you want that shop around for a TA which ALWAYS offers a better deal. However the OP might feel more comfortable using CCL directly being a first timer.

They will do and offer NOTHING as far as OBC, ins. etc. If you want that shop around for a TA which ALWAYS offers a better deal. However the OP might feel more comfortable using CCL directly being a first timer.

Right, I mentioned that some TAs offer perks or OBC, but the OP wouldnt find it by looking at TA sites ..that's the problem.

They will for an early saver rate.

i called carnival directly and the rep gave me the full price. then said she could give me a $100 cash back. i asked about the OBC special on the website. she said $100 OBC - i told her online states $160... she looked it up and gave me the $160. so it wasn't much of a better deal than online (just $100) but it's like getting the 8C cabin for the 8B price...... which put me in a preferred spot.

thanks for everyone's tips..... you live and learn

ok, if you say so.:rolleyes:

Archived