Salem from Boston

I think it depends on what you are looking for and when. I've been to Salem in October and they have a ton of Halloween/witch stuff going on. Other times of the year, I think they may have a few small attractions but I have never heard of anything else really going on.

I have been to Salem a couple times. Its a 10-5 town what I mean is after 5 pm the town shuts down except for restaurants and bars. To see everyhting will take you about 3-4 hours. And one of the 2 ghost tours at sundown. I did a weekend and needed up taking the ferry back to Boston for dinner one night. You can either drive, commuter train or take a ferry to Salem. The ferry is a nice scenic route. Halloween is more expensive there, their costume balls are the best. Then again I love Halloween. I wouldn't make a special trip unless Witches, nautical or pirates are your thing.

Alrana

Salem is still fun "off-season".

There is the House of Seven Gables and a lot of Salem Witch Trials stuff to see. A quick google search can give you an idea of what's available that you might find interesting. There is even a ferry that leaves from Boston which is a scenic ride. I wouldn't recommend renting a car.

However, if you are planning your day pre-cruise or pre-flight, I would stick close to Boston. There is no shortage of bars/pubs around! :D

On a nice day, you can't beat hanging out at the bars in Fanuel Hall and that general area. Just walking around you'll find a ton of bars w/ outside seating.

You won't have to go too far to find a fun bar. ;)

Archived