Shareholder Benefit

lawgeek

I put a late request in for shareholder benefit (although there is really no time limit stated). It is my understanding I was to receive a certificate, which i have not. Does anyone have any advice or the contact telephone for this program?

Thanks!

I put a late request in for shareholder benefit (although there is really no time limit stated). It is my understanding I was to receive a certificate, which i have not. Does anyone have any advice or the contact telephone for this program?

Thanks!

There's no "certificate". Within a day or two of being on the ship you will find the credit noted on your account. Take a print out of the e-mail confirmation that Celebrity sends you telling you your request has been granted (in case it doesn't show up, you can present the e-mail to the purser).

I had mine show up the day I got on the ship. No problem.

I sent my request to: ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

The e-mail I rec'd in return said:

The requested shareholder's on board credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation

#xxxxxxfor $xxx on board credit.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Recently [at least booking direct with Celebrity and Azamara in the UK] our "Confirmation Invoices - Guest Copy" have been showing OBC including Shareholder OBC. They are issued at midnight following the addition of the OBC and emailed to us. [Thank you Celebrity/Azamara, I really appreciate this improvement.]

Not sure if the same is happening in the US, but the UK usually follows. If you booked through a TA, ask them if they have received the Guest Copy of the Invoice.

Sue

Thanks all. Not sure where I got the certificate idea?? I am only really concerned because i did not have an account statement to provide as required as I had not received one with that particular stock on it yet (I just did receive one though). I sent them my purchase record instead and asked if this was a problem, but did not recieve a response yet. I'll wait and check my account on board...Next week...woooo hooo!

I sent them my purchase record instead and asked if this was a problem, but did not recieve a response yet.

I used the purchase confirmation from my broker when I first bought the shares and had an upcoming sailing... It worked like a charm...

There was a rare occasion when--several weeks after applying--I hadn't get an e-mail from RCCL confirming that the Shareholder Benefit had been applied... I dropped them a quick note and had an apology and a confirmation of the benefit within a day...

My TA sent me a copy of the Celebrity reservation that showed I had the credit. I took that with me, but it was not necessary. It was on my account as soon as I boarded.

Note about combining OBC: I was not allowed to combine AmX OBC with stockholder OBC, but my TA called AmX and was able to get the dinner for 2 in the specialty restaurant and a bottle of wine. The dinner for 2 showed up as a $70 credit on my account. I did go to the specialty restaurant, but I wonder if I had not gone, would the $70 credit be used for something else or would it be deducted. Don't know, but it was still a nice perk since I could not get the OBC.

I had no proof of the AmX dinner credit, but my TA had given me a number to use if there was a problem. I went to the desk on the first sea day to inquire about the credit as it was not on my account at that time. I was told that the AmX fax about credits had not reached the ship yet, but it should be in later that day. I thought that was just a blow off, but it wasn't. That same night the $70 credit appeared. ]

I would call Celebrity before you leave and make sure the credit appears on your booking confirmation. I have never received a confirmation email back from Celebrity to let me know the OBC is there, even though I request it everytime. Faxed and emailed on 5/14/10 for 2 upcoming cruises and it took 2 phone calls before both credits appeared, last one this am.

Have a wonderful cruise

Could someone give me some info on the Shareholder Benefit. I assume you purchase Shares in Rccl - how much are they (I am Canadian) and are they listed on the NY Stock Exchange. How many shares do you have to purchase and what are the benefits. I cruise mostly with Celebrity.

Price @1:11 on 6/10 is $27.94. You need 100 shares to qualify for benefit. Stack prices rise and fall and I would only buy the stock if I thought it was a good investment. I would not buy it just to secure a short term OBC. P.S. I have owned the stock since it was $10.00 per share.

How far ahead of the cruise can we apply for and receive the credit?

Same question, we have a cruise booked for the week after Thanksgiving, when should I send in the request for the OBC?

We bought our stock when it was $5.48/share in March of 2009. I think I used up all my good luck points on that purchase. :)

I usually send it in a few weeks prior to the cruise just so I have time to resend it if there is a problem. I've never had a problem. I've known some who wait to the last few days and haven't heard of problems. I always call X or my TA to verify that the credit has been applied to my account. Note: You cannot combine stockholder credit with on board booking credit. The only difference in credit amount is for a 14 day cruise. The On board credit is $300 while the stockholder credit is $250. Hope I've helped, not confused.

Thanks Orator! Our Equinox cruise in November is the first cruise we will be sailing since we bought the RCCL stock and we don't want to miss getting the request in on time!! Unfortunetly, I'll have to check with my DH because I think we have already used a booking credit toward this cruise. Clears up some of our confusion however!!!

Some types of OBC can be combined. For example, if you receive an OBC resulting from a price drop you can combine it with the stockholder credit. Check with your TA or Celebrity to find out what you can or cannot do. The more OBCs the merrier.

Some time ago, I saw a matrix that someone created that showed what could and could not be combined. But it was at least two revisions-of-benefits-ago and, even if I could find it, it would be out of date. Since I don't feel qualified to make a complete matrix, I thought I would list a few examples I was pretty sure of (based on several conversations with my TA, American Express, Captain's Club and multiple posts on Cruise Critic):

OBC for price reductions after final payment can be combined with other OBC and/or Captain's Club coupons (normally, reductions before final payment are simply taken as adjustments to reduce the amount of the final payment)

S/H OBC cannot be combined with any OBC Celebrity provides EXCEPT OBC for price reductions after final payment

S/H OBC cannot be combined with Captain's Club coupons

S/H OBC cannot be combined The American Express benefit of upgrade OR OBC

OBC for booking on board cannot be combined with Captain's Club coupons

The American Express benefits for specialty restaurant and wine/champagne can probably be combined with one Celebrity-provided OBC or coupon.

OBC from a TA can be combined with Celebrity OBC

On the original question of when you can apply, I have done it as far in advance as six months and as close as two weeks.

I always send in my request for OBC as soon as I have a reservaton number. No reason to wait.

This is the phone number I have used to reach the Shareholder Benefit Department. 800-327-6700 X33385. It has been several years since I last used it.

Can someone please further explain: "The American Express benefit of upgrade OR OBC" and

"The American Express benefits for specialty restaurant and wine/champagne can probably be combined with one Celebrity-provided OBC or coupon." Thanks!

As my TA (who is an AMEX-affiliated rep) explained to me (and delivered on a cruise I have booked), there is a benefit if you use an American Express Platinum card (or a few others) to book and fully pay for a cruise.

Here is a quote from her on the benefits:

2 category upgrade or up to $300.00 onboard credit (whichever you choose)

Dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant

Bottle of premium wine or champagne

However, Celebrity provides the first benefit so it can't be combined with the S/H OBC. She is still researching whether or not the second two can be combined as she thinks they may come directly from AMEX. That's why I said "probably" but I really should have said "possibly".

On my cruise next spring (10-days), the AMEX benefit is $100 OBC plus the specialty restaurant and premium (?) wine or champagne. That's worth about $200 (assuming the specialty restaurant benefit is $60 and the wine is $40). The S/H benefit for 10-13 nights is $200, so if it's not combinable at all, 13 days or less the AMEX is equal to or better). For 14 or more, the S/H benefit is better unless you are in a suite (which gets the $300 OBC). I'm hoping that I can get the S/H plus at least part of the benefit.

It's getting to the point where I may sell my stock. I've gotten enough OBC from it that I could sell for a pretty low price and still be ahead. If I am not going to be able to get any future OBC, why keep it?

Some time ago, I saw a matrix that someone created that showed what could and could not be combined. But it was at least two revisions-of-benefits-ago and, even if I could find it, it would be out of date. Since I don't feel qualified to make a complete matrix, I thought I would list a few examples I was pretty sure of (based on several conversations with my TA, American Express, Captain's Club and multiple posts on Cruise Critic):

OBC for price reductions after final payment can be combined with other OBC and/or Captain's Club coupons (normally, reductions before final payment are simply taken as adjustments to reduce the amount of the final payment)

S/H OBC cannot be combined with any OBC Celebrity provides EXCEPT OBC for price reductions after final payment

S/H OBC cannot be combined with Captain's Club coupons

S/H OBC cannot be combined The American Express benefit of upgrade OR OBC

OBC for booking on board cannot be combined with Captain's Club coupons

The American Express benefits for specialty restaurant and wine/champagne can probably be combined with one Celebrity-provided OBC or coupon.

OBC from a TA can be combined with Celebrity OBC

On the original question of when you can apply, I have done it as far in advance as six months and as close as two weeks.

What is the American Express benefit?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived