Question re carry-ons on Iberia domestic flights

A while ago I posted this on the Cruise Air section. I am posting it here to see if it generates more responses:

According to the Iberia website, carry-on size should be limited to a 55cm x 40 x 20 (115 cms) (21.6 in x 15.7 x 7.9). My problem is that even the carry-ons I have found that are only 19 inches high have a depth of 9 inches, higher than the 7.9 inches supposedly allowed by Iberia . The total perimeter of the suitcase would still be less than 115 cms.

My question to any of you that have taken carry-ons on Iberia domestic flights (especially out of Madrid airport), could you tell me what size of carry-on you were able to bring in? Did they measure your carry on? Thank you in advance for any comments.

We just flew from Barcelona to Madrid on Iberia yesterday and we had regular small suitcase carry-on. No one checked. It will all depend on the size plane you are flying on. We were on a 3/3 seat plane so there was plenty of room.

We also were concerned about carry on luggage on Iberia, since we've had prior experiences with other overseas airlines regarding carry on luggage sizes.

We had no problems with Iberia, either coming or going. We had a 19" & 21 " carryon. We saw people with larger carry ons bringing them onboard. As long as they fit into the overhead bin, no problem.

When we went through the security line in Chicago OHare, there was someone checking the carry on luggage BEFORE you got onto the security line. There were several people she made go back to check their luggage which didn't fit in the pre measured luggage sizer.

Iberia did not measure any of our carry-on bags. We were a party of 9. But they do weigh everyone's carry-on. I had to take some stuff out of my bag and transfer to sis-in-law's bag. They are more concerned about weight than dimensions.

Archived