Beach towels???

martyap

We're driving to the Port of Baltimore to sail on the Pride. Ship ports in Freeport, Grand Turk and HMC. Is it a good idea to bring a couple of our own beach towels? Thanks

We're driving to the Port of Baltimore to sail on the Pride. Stopping in Freeport, Grand Turk and HMC. Is it a good idea to bring a couple of our own beach towels? Thanks

CCL provides you with towels. However, if you lose said towels you get charged $22 a towel. So if you're paranoid, absentminded, or just like your own towels, plan accordingly.

I always bring my own towels.

I use Carnivals towels (there really big and thick) on the ship.

In ports I carry my own. I buy the cheap, light-weight ones. There not as bulky or heavy as Carnivals and I don't have to worry over loosing them.:)

I buy the big cheap ones to take on shore excursions in case I lose one also 20 times lighter and less bulky than Carnival ones - these are nice but cumbersome to lug around. Also, I do not take them to the pool area, I just grab one from there, again, anyone can walk off with yours and you are out $22

I buy the big cheap ones to take on shore excursions in case I lose one also 20 times lighter and less bulky than Carnival ones - these are nice but cumbersome to lug around. Also, I do not take them to the pool area, I just grab one from there, again, anyone can walk off with yours and you are out $22

At the pool, we had to check them out at the pool with our S&S card.

If they were lost or stolen, we were still screwed. But, it was just that much less stuff to bring to the pool with 3 kids already in tow.

One excursion provided towels. One we brought 2 or 3 of the ship's towels for the 5 of us.

Or do what we did in Hawaii ....... we bought some there to use there and then take home as souvenir. But Carnival does provide you with one to use on board or off of the ship.

Most CD's have the standing joke that if your going to drink take the towel with you and when your too drunk to tell the cab driver which ship to take you too just show him the towel with "Carnival" embroidered in.

At the pool, we had to check them out at the pool with our S&S card.

If they were lost or stolen, we were still screwed. But, it was just that much less stuff to bring to the pool with 3 kids already in tow.

One excursion provided towels. One we brought 2 or 3 of the ship's towels for the 5 of us.

Somebody else had mentioned that they had to sign out a towel but I never have so far - but that can change. Like I said, the towels are nice but I could only fit one into my beach bag where as I could carry four cheapies at one time.

Bought beach towels some at Target the other day for $2.50. They came rolled up, so I packed them that way--hope they enjoy their one way trip to the Caribbean--they won't be coming back home! Same for the $2.50 blow up rafts to use in the ocean. I commented to my husband that quite a few items will not be coming back--frees up space in my suitcase for purchases!

We bring our own thinner beach towels - they dry quickly overnight in the room, and make finding our spot on a beach very easy. If my suitcase is too full to bring them back, no big deal leaving them for others to use in the future. They are also wonderful for padding things while travelling. Kathy

Archived