CB-advance reservations for specialty dining and table sizes

Cruiser Nonna

Is it possible to pre-reserve specialty dining prior to boarding?

Is it difficult to get table for 2 in the main dining room or my time dining?

Waitlisted for 2nd - other than seeing Maitre'd onboard any other suggestions for having the waitlist cleared?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you

You can not pre-reserve specialty dining before you board. Best bet is to make your reservations as soon as you can after boarding by either going to that actual specialty restaurant or calling the DINE line on your stateroom phone. Although there are times the DINE line either isn't answered, or is constantly busy. If possible, it is quicker to just visit the one you would like to reserve. Check your Princess patter, it should list the times that someone will be there to make reservations. ;)

Waitlisted for 2nd - other than seeing Maitre'd onboard any other suggestions for having the waitlist cleared?

If you are waitlisted for traditional dining, it is unlikely you will get a table for two there. Do you know if you are waitlisted just for a table for 2 or are you waitlisted for any size table that becomes available?

Anytime dining rooms do have tables for two. Depending when you get to the anytime dining room (which is where you will be assigned if your waitlist for traditional does not clear), you may need to wait until one of them becomes available.

Wait-listed for 2nd - other than seeing Maitre'd onboard any other suggestions for having the wait-list cleared?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you

I assume since you are wait-listed for 2nd seating that you prefer to eat late.

Second seating for traditional is at 8:15. If you have anytime dining and go to dinner a 8:00 you should be able to get a table for 2 immediately or have a minimal wait. Between 6:00 and 7:30 are peak hours for AT dining. Also go to the Island dining room on Plaza deck 5 it is less crowded than the Coral dining room on Fiesta deck 6. As for making reservations at a specialty restaurant we made our reservations when we walked onboard. We just happened to walk pass Sabatini's on the way to our room and a waiter was taking reservations in front of the restaurant. We were the first reservation for the day that we selected which was the first formal night. We had a great table in the back of the restaurant next to the window looking out at the Promenade deck. We were able to watch the sun set as we ate...and ate...and ate.

If you are waitlisted for traditional dining, it is unlikely you will get a table for two there. Do you know if you are waitlisted just for a table for 2 or are you waitlisted for any size table that becomes available?

Okay, this is a new one on me: I wasn't aware that one's waitlist position was dependent upon the size of table one requested. Are you sure about this? I always thought that there was just one waitlist and that was that.

Okay, this is a new one on me: I wasn't aware that one's waitlist position was dependent upon the size of table one requested. Are you sure about this? I always thought that there was just one waitlist and that was that.

Don't feel alone on that one, I have never heard of being waitlisted for a table size before the cruise either. :confused:

Don't feel alone on that one, I have never heard of being waitlisted for a table size before the cruise either. :confused:

I am not sure that this type of waitlisting occurs.

However, I expect that when I request be be at a table for 6, that if I am waitlisted I would not be assigned a table for two, no matter how close to the start of the list I am.

Thank you for all your help - we are waitlisted for late dining but we requested a table for two (table size is always a request whether confirmed or waitlisted for dining time) but I was wondering for those who have sailed on CB if there were a lot of tables for 2 or only a few and then I would expect that passengers confirmed for the dining and requested the table for 2 would get them obviously ahead of us.

It will be great no matter what just wanting to have insight from those who have been there -

Thank you again - really appreciate your help

Hi....just another comment on our experince. We always see the Maitre'd onboard the first afternoon (per the "Princess Platter" schedule) to ensure we have a table for two, late seating. That is a top priority for us. We've cruised for many years, have an "elite" status on Princess but would leave the ship if we we didn't have our own table. The Maitre'd is always looking after the passenger's reguardless of this captains circle thing and may take an extra day but will eventually give you the seating you want. Just check in the first day without failure and let him know!! Good Luck.

Archived