Dream(Eastern) & Port Canaveral Questions

nmyorkiemom

I have several questions, many that I have found conflicting answers for, so instead of many threads I decided to ask in one. Sorry if this offends!

1. Port Canaveral - DH, DD & I as well as DSis & her DH will be staying at Radisson. Are there any places nearby to get manicure/pedicure that someone could recommend?

2. Port Canaveral - We arrive on my 50th. Any suggestions on good, not too pricey places for dinner? Preferably close to Radisson.

3. Dream - anyone with pics of 9474 (us) or 8468(Sister)?

4. Dream - Are there showers in the Gym that can be used w/o paying for Spa access?

5. Has anyone been able for their 18yo just graduated HS to get into Club 02? My DD loved Club 02 & isn't sure what she will do w/o being able to go.

6. We usually cruise to Caymans & buy perfumes there...anywhere on Eastern Dream route you could recommend?

7. Anywhere that sells the Mallorca pearls from Spain? Looking for chocolate for DD. Bought the black in Cozumel a few years back.

8. What nights are formal nights?

9. Any shopping suggestions? Not looking for fancy stuff....really like deals!

10. Laser Tag - is it worth the cost?

11. Do they still sell the coffee cards 1st day?

12. Any secret places on board?

Thanks for any responses. And again, sorry if I offended anyone by asking too many questions!

I can't answer very many questions - but I'll answer what I can :)

2 -I have researched places to eat the night before and came up with Fishlips & Rusty's. Both look like they are close to the Radisson and fun, casual places. Probably perfect for a birthday!

6 - I have been shopping in St Thomas and remember that it was relatively clean and very large area. I am sure there would be places for perfume.

8 - From what I have read, I'm almost positive the second night is typically a formal night. :confused: Not sure about the second formal.

Sorry I am not more help!

I have several questions, many that I have found conflicting answers for, so instead of many threads I decided to ask in one. Sorry if this offends!

1. Port Canaveral - DH, DD & I as well as DSis & her DH will be staying at Radisson. Are there any places nearby to get manicure/pedicure that someone could recommend? I googled Cape Canaveral Nail Salons and came up with quite a few.

2. Port Canaveral - We arrive on my 50th. Any suggestions on good, not too pricey places for dinner? Preferably close to Radisson. We ate at Grills by the water, it was very nice and reasonably priced.

4. Dream - Are there showers in the Gym that can be used w/o paying for Spa access?

5. Has anyone been able for their 18yo just graduated HS to get into Club 02? My DD loved Club 02 & isn't sure what she will do w/o being able to go. Not sure when you are going but we leave next weekend on the Dream Eastern, DD is 17 (almost 18) and her friend is 18 (just turned) so I would be happy to let you know what O2 says in our situation.

6. We usually cruise to Caymans & buy perfumes there...anywhere on Eastern Dream route you could recommend?

7. Anywhere that sells the Mallorca pearls from Spain? Looking for chocolate for DD. Bought the black in Cozumel a few years back.

8. What nights are formal nights? Sunday & Thursday I believe

11. Do they still sell the coffee cards 1st day?

Thanks for any responses. And again, sorry if I offended anyone by asking too many questions!

Sorry I wasn't that helpful, when do you cruise?

Here's my anaswers to some of these:

1. Port Canaveral - DH, DD & I as well as DSis & her DH will be staying at Radisson. Are there any places nearby to get manicure/pedicure that someone could recommend? No clue but there are strip malls down A1A for the next several miles I', sure there's anail salon there some where. Ask over on the "New I work in Port Canaveral" Thread in the Florida Departures board and see if someone has a reco.

2. Port Canaveral - We arrive on my 50th. Any suggestions on good, not too pricey places for dinner? Preferably close to Radisson. Zachary's, right next to the Rad. Good Greek and American Food. Google them they have a website. Also ThaiThai if you like Thai food.

4. Dream - Are there showers in the Gym that can be used w/o paying for Spa access? YES, right across from the gym. Lockers with keypads and saunas too (no steam); no need to stop at the Spa desk.

6. We usually cruise to Caymans & buy perfumes there...anywhere on Eastern Dream route you could recommend? All ports have these places. I think Havensight in ST. Thomas has several places and it's right next to the ship pier. Don't have a clue as to who ahs the best bargains.

7. Anywhere that sells the Mallorca pearls from Spain? Looking for chocolate for DD. Bought the black in Cozumel a few years back. Again, jeweler are everywhere in these ports, just ask around. Or go to the ports of call boards and ask there as other cruisers can help you too.

8. What nights are formal nights? Sunday and Thursday.

11. Do they still sell the coffee cards 1st day? No coffee cards any more just use your S&S. DW hit the coffee bar every morning.

12. Any secret places on board? Forward deck 11 for watch the ship come into port. Entry through port side passageway on deck 11, left off forward elevators then right. Aft Sunset Pool area for breakfast...especially if you're eating between 7:30 and 8:30. Buffet but no waiting. Tandoori Grill same spot for lunch. Pasta bar on embarkation day has quick service and plenty of tables. Deck 11 aft of the area above waves pool can have loungers that are out of the sun. Also the Promenade deck has some loungers and chairs on both sides, little traffic. Sun/no sun depending upon ship direction and time of day.

Relax and enjoy your cruise. :)

1. Port Canaveral - DH, DD & I as well as DSis & her DH will be staying at Radisson. Are there any places nearby to get manicure/pedicure that someone could recommend? Image Nails & Spa‎transparent.png- more info »

8177 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL‎ - (321) 784-2228‎---Boston Nails‎transparent.png- more info »7410 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL‎ - (321) 784-6417‎

2. Port Canaveral - We arrive on my 50th. Any suggestions on good, not too pricey places for dinner? Preferably close to Radisson.

Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar‎transparent.png- more info »

505 Glen Cheek Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL‎ - (321) 868-2226‎

5. Has anyone been able for their 18yo just graduated HS to get into Club 02? My DD loved Club 02 & isn't sure what she will do w/o being able to go.

8. What nights are formal nights? Formal nights were second night out and I believe the Thursday before you come back

11. Do they still sell the coffee cards 1st day? No coffee card was ever offered when we cruised , wife was mad

hope this helps .

1. Port Canaveral - DH, DD & I as well as DSis & her DH will be staying at Radisson. Are there any places nearby to get manicure/pedicure that someone could recommend?

This thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&highlight=port+canaveral post #5

Recommends these places:

HAIR/NAIL/MAKEUP, NAILS EMERGENCY INFORMATION FOR WOMEN :-)

CLIP N' SAVE HAIR SALON

6500 North Atlantic Avenue

Cape Canaveral, Florida

321-866-9000

Ask for Ella or Nelson (great couple to work with)

OPENED 7 DAYS A WEEK

Discount if you mention this board

Diva's Nails located right at North Publix shopping center at 5675 North Atlantic Avenue - 321-799-2788 ( less than a mile from the Radisson)

Stylz's by Danny Friend which is located on the cross street of Publix Sheppard Drive 321-784-2148 - 5505 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, Fla.

tell Danny or Cindy you got the information off the board for discount

Hollywood Nails located at South Publix shopping Center 2015 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach – phone number 321-799-0844

North Atlantic is a continuation of Astronaut Blvd Rte A1A.

Hope this helps some.

Archived