Breakfast in the Pinnacle

Crazy Gramps

I understand that cruisers arrive with dirty laundry. We did. We were in Seattle two full days before embarkation. We sent that laundry in to be cleaned the day we boarded. I was surprised that they were out of bags, but I did not get upset by it. We just used the baskets; they worked just as well, and our laundry was cleaned just the same.

I had to request laundry bags too, never told they had run out though. but seriously, I think this is a great suggestion. All you need is a laundry list and then you just send the baskets out. Great idea!! Have to say that the laundry service on HAL is great as far as I am concerned.

• 1 month later...

I am going on the Prisendam next month for 14 day Celtic Kingdom cruise. We are in an SY cabin, is the Pinacle normally open for breakfast? I have never heard of this one. I know the dining room is usually open. Please confirm.

I am going on the Prisendam next month for 14 day Celtic Kingdom cruise. We are in an SY cabin, is the Pinacle normally open for breakfast? I have never heard of this one. I know the dining room is usually open. Please confirm.

The Pinnacle Grill is open for breakfast for Deluxe Verandah Suite (SA/SB/SC ) and Penthouse Suite (PS) passengers only. Sorry!! :(

If you are in a SY then you are not in a Deluxe Verandah Suite. You are in a superior. So unfortunately, that means that neither the neptune lounge nor the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast are available. Sorry. If you move to the SA, SB or SC's then all these things become part of your amenities. The superior verandahs are great rooms. Enjoy your cruise :):)

oops sorry, we must have both been posting at the same time.

Some day HAL will change their Superior Suite cat. to Superior Verandah to avoide the constant confusion. We like the SY cabin and always choose the same one by booking when the sailing first opens up. I do not like the fact they eliminated all of the SYs except for a very few on the Signature Class and therefore will never sail on those ships.

I'm wondering if the suite breakfast is still closed on the first two days. Can we get an update from any recent cruisers in superior suites?

It was closed the first two days of our Zuiderdam cruise in June.

On the Prinsendam the Deluxe Suites are limited to the S category and the Penthouse. There are no SA SB SC cabins.

Some day HAL will change their Superior Suite cat. to Superior Verandah to avoide the constant confusion. We like the SY cabin and always choose the same one by booking when the sailing first opens up.

I hope they do not change the name unless they also change the criteria for awarding double cruise day credits for suites.

Dennis

Archived