Passport Application Submitted

f1rstclass

Well, even though our cruise isn't until July 2011, I went ahead and submitted paperwork at the local post office and paid the required fees and submitted all of the required documentation for my passport today.

Figured it was one less thing to have to worry about---plus if there should be any "unforseen delays" we have that pretty good size cushion.

The whole process was quite easy, very surprised!! :D

We are getting ours a couple at a time (7 of us), and my husband got an email today, that his passport has been completed and mailed...we applied for it June 1st, 2010. I was surprised!

WOW!! That is a quick turn-around time.

Question: Was his a new passport or renewal?

We just applied for my two daughters' passports...there old ones were expiring this summer. Since they are under 18 -- it is just like applying for a brand new one.

From the day the clerk's office sent it in....to the day we received it...was exactly 3 weeks.

Smart move to get them done early, I feel so much better going with it.

My wife and I finally decided to apply, but only 6 weeks before cruising, so paid for expedited service and overnight "to and from" it was around $194.00 for each, at the Post Office, we did get our pictures taken there which is nice.

Process easy, but a couple of hiccups.

1. Pre-filled application at home in BLUE ink, no good had to redo them in Black only.

2. No copy machines at post office, to make copy of driver licenses, had to go find a place near by, or drive home.

3. Wife had a old passport over 15 years old and it had her maiden name. So had to go home and get marriage license.

Now to get my kids done after this next cruise, I don't want to pay expedited service for them, and since you have to mail their original birth certificates, my window for them using regular service was to close.

Archived