New immigration card needed in SPB?

MGnut

Someone on a Princess Baltic roll call for a cruise this summer posted that her 'tour agent' for a private tour in SPB told her that there is a 'new' requirement from Russian Immigration that besides your passports (and copies), and your tour ticket, you also need a new immigration card, which should be provided by the cruiseline.

Is anyone aware of this 'new' requirement? Has anyone needed such a card in recent visits to SPB?

If true, hopefully it is just an information card much like we need to fill out on an airplane prior to landing in a foreign country.

Hi MGnut,

Don't worry!!! We were in SPB last week and P and O provided all of us with an immigration card including those taking private tours. It was delivered to our stateroom two days before and just required a signature....easy. We just presented it to the Immigration Official with our passport and tour ticket and were through in no time.

You will have a great visit, have fun!

Sarah

We also received our immigration paper to fill out from the cruiseline..it is two sided, you fill out both sides. Immigration takes one half in the morning and the other half upon return in the afternoon. If you are there a second day you only need your passport and tour ticket to leave port and return. Don't worry...have a good time:D

We also received our immigration paper to fill out from the cruiseline..it is two sided, you fill out both sides. Immigration takes one half in the morning and the other half upon return in the afternoon. If you are there a second day you only need your passport and tour ticket to leave port and return. Don't worry...have a good time:D

Hi MGnut,

Don't worry!!! We were in SPB last week and P and O provided all of us with an immigration card including those taking private tours. It was delivered to our stateroom two days before and just required a signature....easy. We just presented it to the Immigration Official with our passport and tour ticket and were through in no time.

You will have a great visit, have fun!

Sarah

Thanks, thecook and Ukgirlie. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Now we can relax!

Our tour ticket from our tour operator doesn't say anything about bringing copies of our passport, just the tour ticket they provided and our passports. Do we need extra copies?

Thanks!

The tour agency we are using specifies we need a copy of the front (picture) page of the passport to leave with the immigration folks. You might want to double-check with your tour operators - or just come prepared.

We were just in St Petersburg in May and did a wonderful 2 day private tour with St Petersburg Tours.com. We too were told to bring a copy of the front page of our passport as well as 2 copies of our private tour ticket. Did not need any of the extra copies.

Yes the ship will give you the immigration card (sort of like/at least same idea - what you fill out on a plane going into the USA) - on our ship the ship had actually filled it all infor us already... When you disembarked you handed the immigration/customs officer your passport, immigration card, tour ticket - got a stamp in my passport and was handed back my tour ticket, passport, and half of the immigration card. When returning to the ship in the evening they took the 2nd half of the immigration card and added another stamp to my passport. the next time I went off the ship it was just a quick look at my passport and I was on my way. A very painless proceedure...do not let the ship or anyone scare you about doing Russia on your own on a private tour.

Hi,

We too were asked by Alla Tours to have a photocopy of the photo page of our passport with us. It was not needed but would probably be very useful, if kept separately from the passport, just in case the passport is lost or stolen. Immigration did not need it.

Have fun, Sarah

I had the same experience of being told that I would need a photocopy of my passport..and it was not needed. Perhaps the immigration paper you fill out takes it place..not sure. I would take the passport copy with me..better safe then sorry.

I had the same experience of being told that I would need a photocopy of my passport..and it was not needed. Perhaps the immigration paper you fill out takes it place..not sure. I would take the passport copy with me..better safe then sorry.

It's probably a good idea to carry a copy of your passport page whenever you leave the ship in a foreign country. I had one stollen in Spain, and it took 3 days to get a new one at the American Consulate. It would probably have been much quicker with the information right at hand.

• 3 weeks later...
It's probably a good idea to carry a copy of your passport page whenever you leave the ship in a foreign country. I had one stollen in Spain, and it took 3 days to get a new one at the American Consulate. It would probably have been much quicker with the information right at hand.

I agree! I always carry a copy in foreign countries as well as another copy left on the ship.

Beth

Everybody here described the procedure accurately...I was on Eurodam and they delivered the Russian landing card to my cabin 2 days before arrival in Petrograd (I'm an old timer!) already filled out.....the Russian immigration officers use lap tops and they now scan, on the first day, your passport so you don't need a copy of it any longer but things in Russia can change by the hour and it's not a bad idea to have one anyway.

Archived