Does Carnival pat you down?

I've been reading countless threads about smuggling alchohol. I finally gave my husband a confused look and asked... do they pat you down or something? Check your waistbands, under your cap or skirt?

I'm just wondering... because people seem to put a lot of thought into it. Yet, one large plastic bottle under your skirt should do the trick, no?

I've been reading countless threads about smuggling alchohol. I finally gave my husband a confused look and asked... do they pat you down or something? Check your waistbands, under your cap or skirt?

I'm just wondering... because people seem to put a lot of thought into it. Yet, one large plastic bottle under your skirt should do the trick, no?

No they do not, but if they did, just tell them is a colostomy bag and I think they would let you pass!:eek:

I WAS patted on the sides when I was boarding ... but it was the port employees, not Carnival ...they were seeing what I had in my pockets. I was surprised as this had never happened to me and they didnt say anything, just came at me with their hands patting my sides.. I must look like a smuggler.

It DOES happen .. happened to me in May.

Sailed miracle during spring break and saw no pat downs during embarcation.But returning to ship from port of call ship security gave two young coeds in front of me a thorough pat down. I was ignored but as I passed them I smiled and commented WHAT A GREAT JOB!!!

I WAS patted on the sides when I was boarding ... but it was the port employees, not Carnival ...they were seeing what I had in my pockets. I was surprised as this had never happened to me and they didnt say anything, just came at me with their hands patting my sides.. I must look like a smuggler.

It DOES happen .. happened to me in May.

Maybe they just wanted to cop a feel ;) They sure would miss a lot only patting your sides, though.

Maybe they just wanted to cop a feel ;) They sure would miss a lot only patting your sides, though.

Iv also been asked to pull a coin purse out of my pocket, coming in from a port. If they see you have anything in your pockets, they make you take it out.

My sister has thick legs... She could stick a liter of tequila and 3 limes to her inner thighs without a trace. And she usually keeps her cell phone between her boobs:eek:... nuff said!!!

The odds seems slighly favorable...

That didn't sound right. She's not overweight... just well built.;)

When we reboarded the Victory in St Thomas, we saw them pat down a young lady in fron of uswith a skirt on. DH had cargo shorts on and they asked what was in his pockets. Ummm, he gave them one rum runner. :rolleyes:

I have a cap that I wear once I've been to the beach to tame my hair...I was asked to take it off in one port when we reborded. Wore the hat on the Liberty a month later and didnt' have to take it off. :confused:

YES, every time I board, including all the ports....otherwise I would use the beerbellyphoto08.jpgBEERBELLY ~~!!~~

Women can always use the WINERACK...wine1.gif

It is SOP if you have a pacemaker and can not go through the metal detectors they always pat you down, however security has yet to discover that my walking cane is filled with gin....... 113.gif That was my one secret I did NOT tell the FBI when they asked how I was able to smuggle AK47's and C4 on board. The head of the FBI Maritime Safety Enforcement suggested I tell them my secret, which was all I need to spill my gut of how easy it was to smuggle everything on board ships and aircraft and supposedly they are taking steps to close the huge gapping hole in their security screening.

I've never been patted down... Mom, neither, and she's in a wheelchair permanently, doesn't even stand... The port folks wanded her... But NEVER have touched her in eight cruises!!!

In Jamaica, I've seen the most agressive pat downs -- but never experienced them, and yes, they did use a flat, perpendicular hand between the breasts and the gal had her wallet there...

Joebat -- or should we say 007, I've never seen those... MY!!! What cleverness of folks!!!

Only if you ask them to. :p

I always wear a U.S.M.C. baseball cap when I cruise, and I am always asked to remove it and put it in the basket with all the other "stuff" that goes through the x-ray machine, when going through embarkation security. They told me that many baseball caps have metal in them, and they'll set off the metal detectors when you do the "walk through".

I have seen them do "pat downs" at Port Canaveral embarkation. Can't remember seeing that anyplace else.

"SKY"

In St. Kitts we saw and were subject to the most rigorous re-boarding searches. No-pat downs, but hats and glasses off, purses and beach bags searched, passports scrutinized. Even if you weren't trying to smuggle something on board, you felt like a criminal.:eek:

Even if you weren't trying to smuggle something on board, you felt like a criminal.:eek:

How are you made to feel like a criminal? Did you get arrested? Sorry the price we people pay for safety and security.

Overboard? You may think so but the first time something happens TO YOU (god forbid) because of a skip/short cut in security Im sure you wont be ok with it.

They are just doing their jobs. If you feel they were over aggressive and or offensive in anyway find the person in charge and settle it. However if you were inconvenienced for the safety of me, my family and others that is a small price to pay.

In St. Kitts we saw and were subject to the most rigorous re-boarding searches. No-pat downs, but hats and glasses off, purses and beach bags searched, passports scrutinized. Even if you weren't trying to smuggle something on board, you felt like a criminal.:eek:

How so?:confused: Sounds like a typical trip through airport security to me.

Archived