Future Cruise Desk on Carnival Ship

Hi. I have noticed that on Carnival they have a "Future Cruise" desk where you can book your next cruise. Has anyone booked a cruise this way and if so what were the benefits? My DH and I are on Valor in September and we are hoping to book a cruise for next summer with the kids and could use all the discounts we can find. Any help would be great!

We purchased "future cruise credit" certificates from the future cruise desk last year on the Splendor....but didn't book the cruise until we got home. The certificates were $100 ea which is applied to the price of the cruise and were good for an additional OBC (depending on the length of the cruise)...other than the additional OBC, there's really probably not much benefit....except that you know you're going on another cruise!:eek: Not a bad deal if you have the extra $100 bucks and know there is a Carnival cruise in your future....and if you decide otherwise, you have 4 years to cash in your certificates for a refund.

This may be a stupid question, But Is there any way to purchase a "future cruise credit certificates" without being on a ship. We plan on cruising in the future and would like to take advantage of them. But when we cruised in February aboard the Inspiration they were not offered. Thanks

This may be a stupid question, But Is there any way to purchase a "future cruise credit certificates" without being on a ship. We plan on cruising in the future and would like to take advantage of them. But when we cruised in February aboard the Inspiration they were not offered. Thanks

No, the only option would be is to get someone that you know is cruising to pick one up for you. Don't forget to give them the $100.00;) We got them on the Liberty last month. Picked one up for our friends.

Maybe EBay.....:D:D.

i have a question about these future cruise credits... they cost 100.00 p/p ok i got that, but ok lets say you are looking at a 7 day cruise and the deposit is 500.00.. with these future cruise credits.. does it make the deposit now only 200.00 ????

No, the only option would be is to get someone that you know is cruising to pick one up for you. Don't forget to give them the $100.00;) We got them on the Liberty last month. Picked one up for our friends.

Maybe EBay.....:D:D.

How can someone else pick one up for you if they are non transferable.

If you book onboard, you do get friends and family certs for the same cruise, but Im not aware of a way they can pick one up for someone not on the cruise for $100 and BUY one in your name. ... just the free friends and family certs that can only be used for the same cruise.

Could you elaborate?

I for sure wouldnt buy one on ebay if they sold one, as it would not be in my name. Again, these are nontransferable it states in the terms and conditions.

i have a question about these future cruise credits... they cost 100.00 p/p ok i got that, but ok lets say you are looking at a 7 day cruise and the deposit is 500.00.. with these future cruise credits.. does it make the deposit now only 200.00 ????

No, the $100 comes off at final payment...We just did at re-positioning on the Elation and got $200 in OBC and $250 in OBC for owning 100 shares of Carnival stock...:)...Dennis

Im not following your math, how you got $200 ... just a fyi, you can only apply one cert to each booking ..(not sure why you would subtract $300?)

thats why $100 is taken off the final payment when you send them in.

They don't cost $100 per person, they cost $100 per certificate. You can only use 1 certificate per stateroom. You can book a cruise anytime within 5 years of purchase and send that certificate in. You will then get $100 off your final payment (cannot be used for the deposit at this time) and $100 of On Board Credit (as long as you are taking a 7 day cruise - the OBC is less if you are taking a shorter cruise).

They don't cost $100 per person, they cost $100 per certificate. You can only use 1 certificate per stateroom. You can book a cruise anytime within 5 years of purchase and send that certificate in. You will then get $100 off your final payment (cannot be used for the deposit at this time) and $100 of On Board Credit (as long as you are taking a 7 day cruise - the OBC is less if you are taking a shorter cruise).

So do I understand this right. The $100 future cruise certificate then becomes essentially worth $200. ($100 off final payment AND $100 OBC).

Im not following your math, how you got $200 ... just a fyi, you can only apply one cert to each booking ..(not sure why you would subtract $300?)

thats why $100 is taken off the final payment when you send them in.

i thought they were 100.00 pp not per cabin... and i thought they could be used as reduced deposits, which apparently now i know they cant. oh well.. no sense in buying them for me

For solo passengers: The OBC is only half of what the document says that it is. Read the fine print very carefully before purchasing the FCC. After spending $7 to send it back and 2 hours wasted on the phone I only got $25 for a five day cruise. So ended up only getting $18 credit as far as a am concerned. I am not sure that I will bother to buy them anymore. Especially now that I have to pay 200% single supplement for a 1A cabin and am only going to get half credit.

So do I understand this right. The $100 future cruise certificate then becomes essentially worth $200. ($100 off final payment AND $100 OBC).

Since you PAID $100 ....and they are applying your own $100 to them... to me that means they are only worth the amount of OBC you get, nothing more.

(on a 5 day you get $50 OBC etc) ...so they are not necessarily worth $100, depends on the length of the cruise. ..and as traveller353 points out, you only get half the OBC if you are travelling solo

so on a 5 day with double occupancy, you get $50 OBC MINUS the cost of certified mail to send them in.

Correct! :)

How is that correct??? No wonder everyone is confused...I am getting confused reading the posts on here what people are thinking.

If you paid $100 and your own $100 is applied ...you are only getting the benefit of the amount of OBC that is applied ..which varies, not necessarily $100.

For solo passengers: The OBC is only half of what the document says that it is. Read the fine print very carefully before purchasing the FCC. After spending $7 to send it back and 2 hours wasted on the phone I only got $25 for a five day cruise. So ended up only getting $18 credit as far as a am concerned. I am not sure that I will bother to buy them anymore. Especially now that I have to pay 200% single supplement for a 1A cabin and am only going to get half credit.

That totally stinks. I hope they change that policy. If you are paying the 200% single supplement, you should get the full on board credit amount from these future cruise credits. Otherwise, you could just make up a name on the booking (you've got to pay anyway, right?) and you could get the full OBC. I wonder what they'd do if you got to port and just told them the other person wasn't coming...

How is that correct??? No wonder everyone is confused...I am getting confused reading the posts on here what people are thinking.

If you paid $100 and your own $100 is applied ...you are only getting the benefit of the amount of OBC that is applied ..which varies, not necessarily $100.

The certificate is worth $200 (assuming double occupancy on a 7-day cruise), but you do have to pay $100 to get it. The net benefit after the cost of purchasing it is the $100 in OBC.

It's kind of like buying a gift card from a store. If you buy a $100 gift card, the gift card is worth $100. There is no net benefit of buying a gift card, though, since you get back exactly what you paid.

I booked the next cruise while on a cruise.

Received $100 OBC.

Then was given two certificates that can be used by friends..whoever for $100 OBC if they book a cruise.

The reaso we booked was the 2011 dates for the Miracle out of NYC were just released and we wanted a specific cabin....so to get $100 why not.

Hope that helps

I booked the next cruise while on a cruise.

Received $100 OBC.

Then was given two certificates that can be used by friends..whoever for $100 OBC if they book a cruise.

The reason we booked was the 2011 dates for the Miracle out of NYC were just released and we wanted a specific cabin....so to get $100 why not.

Hope that helps

We also bought the $100 cruise certificate on-board the Conquest and also booked our next cruise (Victory) while on-board. We got a fantastic price, selected our cabin and and received $100 OBC as well as the two certificates for friends/family. I mailed in the $100 voucher when I got home to get $100 off of the cruise. I know this can sound confusing, but the great people at the "Booking a Cruise while on a Cruise" desk are very helpful and can explain in more detail.

Yes and not all the ships have the future cruise certs. so get them on the ones that do.....The Liberty had them and i bought 3 for future cruise's....remember they are only good for 5 years.

ALL Carnival ships are now supposed to have them per the FCC agents.

Since you PAID $100 ....and they are applying your own $100 to them... to me that means they are only worth the amount of OBC you get, nothing more.

(on a 5 day you get $50 OBC etc) ...so they are not necessarily worth $100, depends on the length of the cruise. ..and as traveller353 points out, you only get half the OBC if you are travelling solo

so on a 5 day with double occupancy, you get $50 OBC MINUS the cost of certified mail to send them in.

The certificate is worth $200 (assuming double occupancy on a 7-day cruise), but you do have to pay $100 to get it. The net benefit after the cost of purchasing it is the $100 in OBC.

It's kind of like buying a gift card from a store. If you buy a $100 gift card, the gift card is worth $100. There is no net benefit of buying a gift card, though, since you get back exactly what you paid.

Thanks everyone! Its a little confusing but I think what everyone is saying is that if you book while on the cruise a) you have a better chance of getting the cabin(s) you want and b) you get $100 of OBC too. Is this correct?

You get $50 5 day

$75 OBC for a 6 day

$100 for 7 to 11 day ... up to $200 OBC

Half of the above if you are sailing solo. Minus the cost of certified mail if you bring the certificate home.

That's why I am disagree'ing with the flat out assertion they are worth $100 OBC ... as above, you get $100 OBC for double occupancy on a cruise 7 to 11 days long.

Archived