Best excursions with 11 mo. old

onesphinx2004

Cruising with 11 mo. old and ports of call are....Nassau, St. Thomas, & St. Maarten. Anyone have suggestions as to best excursions at those ports.

Thanks.

In Nassau, I would say either spend the money and go to Atlantis and ejoy the aquarium etc. Or if you want something simpler, Adastra gardens is a neat little zoo where we spend a couple of hours with my boys. We have also done Blackbeards for the stingray encounter. Baby won't be interested, but it would be easy for mom and dad to so.

In St. Thomas, I would do an island tour. I can recommend Henry with EEE tours. My kids were 5 and 11 last year and had a wonderful time with him; he is retired officer. It is a great way to see the island. And he will work in a beach stop too. There is also the butterflies etc. Tons of options here really.

Haven't done St. Martin with the kids so can't comment there. Ports of Call boards are an excellent source of information.

When we cruised with our then 11 month old in January, we didn't actually book any excursions and just planned beach days (which she loved, especially since she couldn't use the pools on the ship). In St. Thomas we took a taxi to Megan's Bay (and yes, we brought the carseat - we requested a van from the dispatcher - as opposed to an open air taxi - so we could install it). The nice thing about doing it on our own was that when she got tired we could just head back to the ship and didn't have to wait on an organized excursion with a set departure time. The last time we were in St. Maarten (without kids) we also took a taxi to the French capital of Marigot and wandered around the market a bit and then took another taxi to Orient Bay beach - would be easy enough to do with kids and again, the local taxis were safe and easy to find. In Nassau, if you wanted a cheaper option than Atlantis, the British Colonial Hilton offers a day pass for access to its pool and beachfront (haven't been but I think it's $20 or $30 per person and includes a food/bar credit) and I believe it's walking distance from the port so easy to do with a stroller.

When we cruised with our then 11 month old in January, we didn't actually book any excursions and just planned beach days (which she loved, especially since she couldn't use the pools on the ship). In St. Thomas we took a taxi to Megan's Bay (and yes, we brought the carseat - we requested a van from the dispatcher - as opposed to an open air taxi - so we could install it). The nice thing about doing it on our own was that when she got tired we could just head back to the ship and didn't have to wait on an organized excursion with a set departure time. The last time we were in St. Maarten (without kids) we also took a taxi to the French capital of Marigot and wandered around the market a bit and then took another taxi to Orient Bay beach - would be easy enough to do with kids and again, the local taxis were safe and easy to find. In Nassau, if you wanted a cheaper option than Atlantis, the British Colonial Hilton offers a day pass for access to its pool and beachfront (haven't been but I think it's $20 or $30 per person and includes a food/bar credit) and I believe it's walking distance from the port so easy to do with a stroller.

Thanks for suggestions. I think we just might try Atlantis and Megan's Bay.

Archived