Elation - no oil seen

LindaKE

In case anyone is interested: Yesterday when the Elation docked, a local TV station was there asking cruisers if they had seen any sign of the oil. All but 1 responded that they had neither seen nor smelled any oil. I think the 1 person they found that had been aware of the oil had smelled it. All reported no impact on their cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
In case anyone is interested: Yesterday when the Elation docked, a local TV station was there asking cruisers if they had seen any sign of the oil. All but 1 responded that they had neither seen nor smelled any oil. I think the 1 person they found that had been aware of the oil had smelled it. All reported no impact on their cruise.

I don't think it is possible for the Elation to said to Cozumel and NOT go through the oil since it is now hitting the beaches north Florida.

However....when the Elation would be going through the oil slick, both ways...it would be a night.

So, the ship might have gone right through the middle of it and they would not have known.

However...the most important thing..."NO IMPACT ON THEIR CRUISE."

I don't think it is possible for the Elation to said to Cozumel and NOT go through the oil since it is now hitting the beaches north Florida.

However....when the Elation would be going through the oil slick, both ways...it would be a night.

So, the ship might have gone right through the middle of it and they would not have known.

However...the most important thing..."NO IMPACT ON THEIR CRUISE."

When we sailed on the Fantasy out of Mobile May 8th....the ship was able to "go around" (sail out of the port ...to the east around it....

as you said....I don't think that is possible any more...and I can't help but wonder what affect it will have on the Elation having to go "through it"...

especially if it is more than just an oil sheen???

Due to the use of dispersants, a large portion of oil is now suspended under the surface. You would most likely not see it at all from a cruise ship. But its still there and it is toxic.

As someone said, it will be a long time before things are back to normal in the gulf.

Archived