Can you bring a case of water on board?

happytrails42

We'll be on the Coral in just a couple of weeks :D as part of a cruisetour package. Our trip begins with the land portion (one night in Seattle) and where our "meet us on the ship" bags will leave us at our first Alaska stop -- which is Fairbanks for one night. Our next destination is Denali for 2 nights.

I was told by Princess that our "meet us on the ship" bags would leave us as soon as we got to our Fairbanks hotel so I don't think we would be able to have the water ready to go by then since we'd have to schlep it from Seattle :eek: If you have been on a similar cruisetour can you tell me when the "ship" bag actually leaves your possession?

Does anyone know -- or has anyone done this -- put a luggage sticker on the water and have it make it to your cabin? I drink ALOT of water so the case should last me almost the entire 7 days on the boat.

Thanks.

Each February cruise out of FLL, I stock up with a case of water and multiple 12 packs of the soda (pop) I like to drink and not carried on board at the local Publix. I print out a couple of extra lugguage tags on colorful paper, use clear packing tape to cover and attach them to the tops of everything and check this in with my lugguage at the pier. Everything arrives just fine to the cabin and I can have water and my choice of soft drinks.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and bring what you need with you.

Ginnynj

We'll be on the Coral in just a couple of weeks :D as part of a cruisetour package. Our trip begins with the land portion (one night in Seattle) and where our "meet us on the ship" bags will leave us at our first Alaska stop -- which is Fairbanks for one night. Our next destination is Denali for 2 nights.

I was told by Princess that our "meet us on the ship" bags would leave us as soon as we got to our Fairbanks hotel so I don't think we would be able to have the water ready to go by then since we'd have to schlep it from Seattle :eek: If you have been on a similar cruisetour can you tell me when the "ship" bag actually leaves your possession?

Does anyone know -- or has anyone done this -- put a luggage sticker on the water and have it make it to your cabin? I drink ALOT of water so the case should last me almost the entire 7 days on the boat.

Thanks.

Sure you can bring on a case of water but why would you want to go the trouble and expense of doing so. Bring aboard just a couple of bottles and refill them from your bathroom sink. The ship's water is likely more pure and tastes better than anything you can buy but you do need to cool it in your fridge.

If you are really convinced that the tap water on the ship is bad for you, you could go to your local camping supply store or to REI and purchase a water purifier. It removes everything from water including viruses and organics, weighs less, takes less space, and lets you make more water than the case you are lugging on.

Or else you can use common sense and just drink the tap water.

DON

Archived