Summit Sky Suite Help Needed

librarylady19

Would like feedback on the pros and cons of SS 6131/6132 vs. 6145/6146. I have read everything I can find, but there are differences of opinion on which location is better.

Appreciate any insight recent Summit travelers can provide.

Would like feedback on the pros and cons of SS 6131/6132 vs. 6145/6146. I have read everything I can find, but there are differences of opinion on which location is better.

Appreciate any insight recent Summit travelers can provide.

Hi Sandi,:) wish I could help you but I have never stayed in a suite.

I posted a balcony question about Solstice yesterday and no replies

on it:eek:...although there was one positive answer on your "cabin thread".

We have been in Summit 6145 and I can tell you that it's wonderful. It really spoiled us for other sky suites. The bathroom is huge, not huge in ship terms but in real life. There are two sinks with a long marble counter top, a large corner shower and a separate bathtub. The bathroom is big enough to have a party in if you want.

The cabin is quite a good size as well. It's done with beautiful woods. There is a small sofa and two club chairs. We had breakfast there every morning. You get the top butler because he or she is the same one who serves the Penthouse Suite. We had Ricky, and if you're lucky enough to get him, you've got the best!

Even though it is at the back of the ship, there are aft elevators, so you never feel you're walking very far.

Our trip on the Summit was a transatlantic, and to be honest, we did feel some vibration from the ship. Believe me, it was not so bad that I would not try to get that cabin on any M class ship. It would be my first choice. Good luck deciding and have a great trip.

Thanks for the info. Susan. Did you experience any noise from the PH suite next door? I have read many positive comments about Rikki also.

Was just about to ask the same question! We were in a CS and could smell cigarette smoke through the doors, but never heard anyone. Of course, if the people in the PH are noisy, it might be a good idea to meet them and get invited to one of their soirees. Doncha think?

We were in SS 6131 in Jan. and have already booked it again for next Jan! It has a great, large balcony and we never heard anyone in the penthouse suite next door. You can see right onto the balcony and actually into the cabin on the other side of 6131, something to remember if you're going to book that next cabin down the hall....I would never want that cabin! 6131 has enough space on the balcony to stretch out and enjoy both shade and sunning with lots of "elbow room". Hope that helps.:)

We were in SS 6131 in Jan. and have already booked it again for next Jan! It has a great, large balcony and we never heard anyone in the penthouse suite next door. You can see right onto the balcony and actually into the cabin on the other side of 6131, something to remember if you're going to book that next cabin down the hall....I would never want that cabin! 6131 has enough space on the balcony to stretch out and enjoy both shade and sunning with lots of "elbow room". Hope that helps.:)

It does, thanks. Is the bathroom as large as 6145/6; i.e. does it have 2 sinks and separate shower and tub?

We were in 6132 for the Summit's repositioning cruise in April. I was SOOO excited about the huge balcony and it is. The only thing I didn't realize was the lack of privacy. Because of its angle (which makes it so big), you lose your privacy. Everyone can see into your balcony from the side as well as from above because of the way it juts out. I am dissapointed to say I would not book it again. Friends stayed in 6145 so we got to see it. Huge bath with seperate walk in shower. (The bath in 6132 was nowhere near comparing). 6145 has not quite as big balcony, but very private. It had an awning so they were well shaded (pro or con??). I also did not like the whole butler thing myself. These are just my opinions so I hope nobody gives me flack for them. Hope this helps you. If we ever go back to the Summit (been there twice now), I would go back to CC 6143.

We were in 6132 for the Summit's repositioning cruise in April. I was SOOO excited about the huge balcony and it is. The only thing I didn't realize was the lack of privacy. Because of its angle (which makes it so big), you lose your privacy. Everyone can see into your balcony from the side as well as from above because of the way it juts out. I am dissapointed to say I would not book it again. Friends stayed in 6145 so we got to see it. Huge bath with seperate walk in shower. (The bath in 6132 was nowhere near comparing). 6145 has not quite as big balcony, but very private. It had an awning so they were well shaded (pro or con??). I also did not like the whole butler thing myself. These are just my opinions so I hope nobody gives me flack for them. Hope this helps you. If we ever go back to the Summit (been there twice now), I would go back to CC 6143.

Hey, toothfary,

Thanks so much for your input - most helpful. Definitely leaning toward 6145 (or 6146, can't remember which one I have on hold!). Even though the balcony door is smaller, I think the large bathroom will more than make up for that! Not sure how I feel about having a butler (don't mind trying it out though). Only problem is I might get spoiled!

See you are from Chicago area also....watching Sox play Cubs right now!!

As you can see from my picture below with Southpaw, I am a Sox fan all the way!

Sandi,

Prepared to be spoiled. We loved having a butler. I would never ask him or her to unpack for me, but they will do it if you ask. We did love having him set up for breakfast each evening with a white tablecloth on the coffee table that could be raised to dining height in preparation for the morning. He was able to get us anything we wanted whether it was on the room service menu or not.

Every afternoon at about 4, he would arrive with the tea cart. He quickly learned that I don't eat sweets and would choose a few tea sandwiches for me and a few cookies, etc for DH. He would leave me with a small pot of decaf coffee to enjoy. Then at about 5, he would quietly knock on the door and hand us a cheese plate (for me) and a dozen shrimp for DH. He would have gotten us cappuchinos (sp?) or lattes at no charge, but we never ordered them. We certainly would have loved our cruise without all the extras, but they were very nice to have. This was on a TA with all those long, lazy sea days.

It's hard to go back after a Sky Suite and a butler, but that's not the real world for us every time. I'd rather do more cruising in a midship balcony cabin and forego the butler if it comes to a choice. Have a great time.

Sandi,

Prepared to be spoiled. We loved having a butler. I would never ask him or her to unpack for me, but they will do it if you ask. We did love having him set up for breakfast each evening with a white tablecloth on the coffee table that could be raised to dining height in preparation for the morning. He was able to get us anything we wanted whether it was on the room service menu or not.

Every afternoon at about 4, he would arrive with the tea cart. He quickly learned that I don't eat sweets and would choose a few tea sandwiches for me and a few cookies, etc for DH. He would leave me with a small pot of decaf coffee to enjoy. Then at about 5, he would quietly knock on the door and hand us a cheese plate (for me) and a dozen shrimp for DH. He would have gotten us cappuchinos (sp?) or lattes at no charge, but we never ordered them. We certainly would have loved our cruise without all the extras, but they were very nice to have. This was on a TA with all those long, lazy sea days.

It's hard to go back after a Sky Suite and a butler, but that's not the real world for us every time. I'd rather do more cruising in a midship balcony cabin and forego the butler if it comes to a choice. Have a great time.

Ooh, I think I could get used to that. I'm a big fan of capuccinos so will be sure to put in a daily order! DH likes the sound of shrimp on demand too!!

Hey, toothfary,

Thanks so much for your input - most helpful. Definitely leaning toward 6145 (or 6146, can't remember which one I have on hold!). Even though the balcony door is smaller, I think the large bathroom will more than make up for that! Not sure how I feel about having a butler (don't mind trying it out though). Only problem is I might get spoiled!

See you are from Chicago area also....watching Sox play Cubs right now!!

As you can see from my picture below with Southpaw, I am a Sox fan all the way!

While I was born a raised a north side Cubs fan, I think I've finally given up on them after last years play off disaster. We're also die hard Hawks fans from way back, through thick and thin, and thrilled to get the Cup!! Last fall in Vegas my husband, all proud of himself, shows me a ticket for $100 he just put down on the Hawks winning the cup. At the time I sure wasn't happy but am now!! BTW Steve (DH) owns 15 hawks jerseys as well as 1 from every other NHL team except the Red Wings...LOL.

I didn't think the smaller door was a big deal, maybe the room was not as bright. If by chance you are in 6145, I know the latch between that cabin and 6143 was broken so you could go between balconies. Keep your balcony doors locked when leaving the room.

It is great about the Hawks for sure. It was time for another championship in Chicago!

Went ahead and booked 6145 today so thanks for the advice on the balcony. Would hope they have that issue fixed before December; if not, that's a bit disturbing!

Archived