Carnival FUN POINTS for onboard ship credit

marcyjane

Was going to use fun points for onboard ship credit. First time to use them. Just wonder if anyone else has used them for onboard credit and if it appears on your cruise statement at Carnival's web site and also how long does it take to appear.

We have not made final payment yet is why I'm asking if it will show on Carnival web site when I go into pending payments and it pulls up my cruise bill and details. Or will I not know until I board the ship and it will appear on my sign & sail card.

Hope I've made sense of what I'm trying to ask.

Thanks,

Marcy

I decided a few weeks ago to use some fun points on my cruise that leaves in five days. After I purchased the fun points it showed up on Carnival's website within the week. Under my billing it shows paid in full and than the on board credit. I was wondering the same thing as you and was really relieved when I saw it.:D

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to point this out to you:

As I understand the program, you get more bang for your points if you redeem for full or partial statement credit of a qualifying Carnival purchase.

As an example, use your card for your Sail and Sign purchases - (get double points for that charge) - and then redeem points for statement credit. That way, 10,000 points will get you $100 statement credit plus earn 200 more points rather than using 12,500 points for $100 obc.

So you can use 12,500 points to get $100 obc before you cruise or use 10,000 points to get $100 statement credit toward your sail and sign statement after you cruise plus earn the additional double points for using the Carnival Mastercard on the cruise.

I decided a few weeks ago to use some fun points on my cruise that leaves in five days. After I purchased the fun points it showed up on Carnival's website within the week. Under my billing it shows paid in full and than the on board credit. I was wondering the same thing as you and was really relieved when I saw it.:D

Thank you

Marcy:)

I redeemed 20,000 points for a 200.00 OBC credit on 6/5. I have not seen it appear on my cruise docs. Final payment was made over a month ago, and sailing is in 5 weeks. I will mention that my cruise docs have never had (and still don't)any figures listed under the itemized list; only has "as agreed" under each line.

I called Barclays and was told the OBC will be there when I get on the ship. I would much prefer to see it now. I have read where people see it within days :eek:.. and others that don't see it, like myself :confused:. Not sure if booking directly thru Carnival, or with a TA is the issue. I printed the receipt of the transaction, and it's listed on the Fun Points website under "merchandise redeemed". Was thinking of calling Carnival and asking them. There seems to be such a vast difference in everyones postings who have done this.

I redeemed 20,000 points for a 200.00 OBC credit on 6/5. I have not seen it appear on my cruise docs. Final payment was made over a month ago, and sailing is in 5 weeks. I will mention that my cruise docs have never had (and still don't)any figures listed under the itemized list; only has "as agreed" under each line.

I called Barclays and was told the OBC will be there when I get on the ship. I would much prefer to see it now. I have read where people see it within days :eek:.. and others that don't see it, like myself :confused:. Not sure if booking directly thru Carnival, or with a TA is the issue. I printed the receipt of the transaction, and it's listed on the Fun Points website under "merchandise redeemed". Was thinking of calling Carnival and asking them. There seems to be such a vast difference in everyones postings who have done this.

I booked directly through Carnival and received my OBC within 24 hours on my docs on the list of itemized charges.

I booked directly through Carnival and received my OBC within 24 hours on my docs on the list of itemized charges.

And I booked thru a TA and my itemized list has never had any dollar figures, but says "as agreed" on each line. Maybe that's the difference? I'll have to call Carnival I guess.

And I booked thru a TA and my itemized list has never had any dollar figures, but says "as agreed" on each line. Maybe that's the difference? I'll have to call Carnival I guess.

Yes thats probably it :(. And it seems like when I booked through a TA and called Carnival, they always referred me back to the TA. In this case though, they should be able to tell you if the OBC is there or not. Good Luck and have a fun trip!!!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to point this out to you:

So you can use 12,500 points to get $100 obc before you cruise or use 10,000 points to get $100 statement credit toward your sail and sign statement after you cruise plus earn the additional double points for using the Carnival Mastercard on the cruise.

I found that, too. It's a much better return on your points to use a statement credit towards the payment on the credit card as apposed to OBC. I was able to cash in 28,000 points on my last cruise and immediately take $350 off the balance on the card. I can't remember exactly, but it was much less $$ if I'd cashed it in for OBC.

I found that, too. It's a much better return on your points to use a statement credit towards the payment on the credit card as apposed to OBC. I was able to cash in 28,000 points on my last cruise and immediately take $350 off the balance on the card. I can't remember exactly, but it was much less $$ if I'd cashed it in for OBC.

I totally agree. I just turned in 5000 points for a 50.00 credit to my credit card statement. A lot better return than cashing in for an OBC.

I had 65,000 points so I used around 40,000 to pay the $436 balance on my cruise and used another 20,000 for a $200 OBC. I have already recieved the statement credit but nothing on the OBC. I have a TA but have not asked her about it yet. They had asked for a date and I used day 2 of the sailing so I assumed it would show then.

They had asked for a date and I used day 2 of the sailing so I assumed it would show then.

Yes, I remember it prompting me to put a date, and it couldn't be the first day of the cruise.. so maybe my credit will show up on day two? I hate having something hanging out there unsettled. I like all my ducks in a row and preferably on a conga-line :rolleyes:

I to would like to know how to apply your points for a statement credit I don't see that option.

You have to have a "qualifying purchase" from Carnival within the last few months. You go under reedeem fun points, and if you have any transactions from Carnival it will give you the option. Basically, you have to do it either right after you make the deposit, right after you make the final payment, or after you return to apply it to the S&S bill.

I think you have a few months to do it each time you have a charge from Carnival. My last cruise we booked at around one month out so we paid in full. Went to the site about 3 days later, the transaction was there allowing me to redeem, cashed in the points, and about 3 days after that owed $350 less on the cruise. :D

You have to have a "qualifying purchase" from Carnival within the last few months. You go under reedeem fun points, and if you have any transactions from Carnival it will give you the option. Basically, you have to do it either right after you make the deposit, right after you make the final payment, or after you return to apply it to the S&S bill.

I think you have a few months to do it each time you have a charge from Carnival. My last cruise we booked at around one month out so we paid in full. Went to the site about 3 days later, the transaction was there allowing me to redeem, cashed in the points, and about 3 days after that owed $350 less on the cruise. :D

So are you saying if you didn't use your Carnival Credit Card to pay your deposit when you booked your cruise you can't use it to reedem your points for OBC or statement credit. I had saved to pay without using credit card and used my debt card.

Thanks,

Marcy

So are you saying if you didn't use your Carnival Credit Card to pay your deposit when you booked your cruise you can't use it to reedem your points for OBC or statement credit. I had saved to pay without using credit card and used my debt card.

Thanks,

Marcy

didn't quiet follow your question, but i did understand you are using your debit card...that sure want rack up any points for anything with carnival.

Thanks,

Marcy

The charge has to be on your CC statement to get reimbursed. And you can't earn points unless you use the card for charges, and when you use it for Carnival charges, you get double points.

Using a credit card doesn't automatically mean debt. We use the Fun Points card for every single Carnival purchase we make, and pay it off before the statement even cuts. No debt, no interest paid, and double points to redeem when we're ready. :)

How do you redeem & view how many Fun Points you have on your Carnival Mastercard? My mom & I have been trying to figure this out forever, ha! She uses hers for everything, and a lot of expensive purchases so I can only imagine how many points she has, lol. Any direction how to do this would be greatly appreciate, thanks! :o

Yes, I remember it prompting me to put a date, and it couldn't be the first day of the cruise.. so maybe my credit will show up on day two? I hate having something hanging out there unsettled. I like all my ducks in a row and preferably on a conga-line :rolleyes:

My only problem with this is what do you do if it doesn't show and with carnival there is at least a 50% chance it will be screwed up. They screwed up my OBC on my last cruise and it is now on this cruise. Fixing it onboard is almost impossible even with proof (as exhibited on my last cruise)

Archived