Carnival FUN POINTS for onboard ship credit

marcyjane

Thanks to all, yes I should have used my Carnival Credit card, but when I was on the phone with Carnival I pulled out my debit card and gave that # and realize after I did it I should have used my Carnival Credit card and then just pay the credit card with my debit card.

But what's done is done now. So what you all are telling me is since I didn't use the Carnival Credit Card to make my deposit at Carnival Cruise Lines, I can't redeem my points I have on my Credit Card for Statement credit or Onboard credit.

Hope this makes sense

Marcy

Ok, I think I can answer my on question. I just got off the phone with the Carnival Credit card people. The guy told me since my final payment had not been made that I could pay my final payment with my Carnival Credit card and then redeem my points once the transaction showed on my Credit card account.

Thanks,

Marcy

And I booked thru a TA and my itemized list has never had any dollar figures, but says "as agreed" on each line. Maybe that's the difference? I'll have to call Carnival I guess.

It would ask your TA if he/she has booked you within a group. On group bookings it will only show "as agreed". It shows actual figures/$ amount if it's an individual booking.

How do you redeem & view how many Fun Points you have on your Carnival Mastercard? My mom & I have been trying to figure this out forever, ha! She uses hers for everything, and a lot of expensive purchases so I can only imagine how many points she has, lol. Any direction how to do this would be greatly appreciate, thanks! :o

Sign onto the credit card company at www.barclaycardus.com you might have to set up a sign on and password if it is your first time accessing the site. Once on the site you will see the total points available in a box towards the upper left hand corner of your computer. You can also click the tab labeled "rewards" and then one of the drop down tabs to view or redeem points...Hope this helps...

So are you saying if you didn't use your Carnival Credit Card to pay your deposit when you booked your cruise you can't use it to reedem your points for OBC or statement credit. I had saved to pay without using credit card and used my debt card.

Thanks,

Marcy

I think that's right - they aren't making money (credit card company gets a percentage of the transaction amount) unless you use the card so they require you to use the card before you can get a statement credit. Not sure on the OBC but may be the same.

Archived