Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

We are cruising next month and I just can't decide. I've read through the threads about the different beach resorts and I'm left feeling so confused. Ultimately, I think that I'm over-thinking it and they are all probably great but I'm really trying to figure out what would be best for us.

Anyway, it will just be my husband and I. We are both in our 40's. Although we don't drink much at home, we do while on vacation ;). So I am leaning towards the AI of Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocum.

I'd love any input. Thanks :)

DH and myself are in our 40's as well and drink quite a bit while cruising. I have been to both places; but was unaware that Mr. Sanchos still offers an AI. They used to; but now I think they do not. Anyway, Nachi Cocum is really really neat; but much more layed back than Mr. Sanchos. Actually, if you go to Nachi, you can see Mr. Sanchos down the beach.

If you are people watchers, you may enjoy Mr. Sanchos better although the deal of $50.pp at NC is great and the food is awesome as well. Keep in mind that the only beer served is local brew, no domestic US beers available. Also remember that Nachi books up pretty quickly, so you might go ahead and give it a shot.

Good Luck and have fun.

Chick.

athough I am not happy to be home from vacation i am now having fun giving my reviews on my trip last week.... my husband and I went to nachi last week. we are young and fun 50...... loved nachi. it is very pretty,quiet and peaceful....... I am also an over thinker but glad we went to nachi.... after being on the cruise ship was nice to have a quiet day..... There really were not many people at all and many left early,my husband and I are beach lovers so we were there from 9-5....

Carlos was our waiter and he was GREAT. very attentive. kept the drinks coming...... food was good....... a great day...

we didnt bring"kids" ha ha ours are in there 20's but there were not many kids there at all.....

could see Mr Sanchos from a distance and it looked like a carnival from a distance.......

Just got back from Nachi. We were there June 12th and it was AMAZING! There was 4 couples that went. And it was all of our first time there. I was the main planner and really had a hard time deciding between Nachi and Paradise Beach. I am SO GLAD that we choose Nachi. It was very peaceful and deserted. We felt like the only ones there. 2 of us even fell asleep there on the beach. We had Carlos and he did a Wonderful job. Never seemed to aggravate us...but I swear to you I could think "hum...I think I want another drink.." and he would show up. We went to lunch around 11am and sat down to order and we filled up on nachos and our appitizers, so we asked Carlos if we could go back to the beach and come back when we got hungry again and he said No problem. He also offered to bring our food to the beach. The pool was very relaxing to and a jacuzy in it next to the swim up bar. We are not big drinkers but did have a few. We felt like we ABSOLUTLEY got our $$$$$ worth. To me....the gaucamole was worth it alone. We ordered what we wanted to and never got turned away (so ppl only said you can order 1 app. 1 entree and 1 desert) Also..MUST TRY coconut ice cream and vanilla Ice cream. I could go on and on about this place. I was in your same shoes 2 weeks ago trying to decide where to go. I would def. go back her if it's me and the hubby and we wanted quiet time again. We had a great time.

P.S-We had such great service that all of our party even tipped our waitor MORE! GREAT SLICE OF HEAVEN!

glad to hear you had a great time and I laughed when I read you were thinking you wanted a drink and Carlos appeared. Same with us!!!! We thought he was great and I told him I had read reviews and his name had been mentioned that he was excellent. He had a big smile with that comment. we tipped him as well. He made our stay very pleasant!!!

Nachi all the way!!! We were there in April and are planning to go again next year! Absolutely perfect way to unwind and spend the day!!! BTW...We were 49 and 52 (I have since moved into the next decade:p)

Hi everyone!

Just went to Nachi Cocum on Tuesday June 15th! I was there in November and had to go back! Loved it again!! It is well worth every penny. It is not crowded at all where Paradise Beach has rows and rows and rows of beach chairs! Carlos was our waiter both times and he does an excellent job! We did tip him on the way out! We were a huge group with a bunch of high school graduates! Let's just say they probably lost money with them kids! All the parents had a wonderful time just relaxing on the beach or in the water with drink(s) in hand :). My hubby and son rented jet skis ($60/30 minutes) and did parasailing ($60 per person for 15 minute ride!). They loved it. Great time!!!!

We have a group of 10 people going on our cruise in Dec. 2010! I'm the one that is trying to find things for everyone to do. Everyone one in our party drinks so what are some of the things they will have for you to get? Can you get mixed drinks or only beer? Also how soon would I need to sign up for this or can you just go there that morning?

We have a group of 10 people going on our cruise in Dec. 2010! I'm the one that is trying to find things for everyone to do. Everyone one in our party drinks so what are some of the things they will have for you to get? Can you get mixed drinks or only beer? Also how soon would I need to sign up for this or can you just go there that morning?

I believe they can make anything. Pina colada's, strawberry daiquiris, miami vice, bahama mama, etc. They have bottle and can beer. Modelo/Corona, No Dos Equis. They also do tequilla shots (either by the bar or on the beach!) You have to ask for the shots!

You need to book it online. You will get a confirmation that you MUST bring. You must put down a $12 deposit per person and pay the rest in CASH ONLY when you arrive. The whole group needs to arrive together and have all the money collected ahead of time for when you get there!!!! Adults are $50 and kids $12. The taxis will only bring you there if you have a reservation! When you tell them Nachi Cocum, they will ask if you have a reservation there. Book early. They ONLY allow 100 people. Because we had such a big group, we all piled into vans for $8 a person round trip. Our drivers stayed there and waited the whole time. He put a wrist band on us with the van # on it so we knew which one to get in. On our previous trip there, we took a van and paid 20 or 30 bucks each way and he didn't wait for us. I think we docked at Puerto Maya? dock and the ride was about 10-15 minutes!

Another Vote for Nachi!!

We were at Nachi on June 9th. It was WONDERFUL! Carlos was our waiter and he was excellent! Always asking us if we needed anything and we never had to wait long for our drinks. The drinks were great and it seemed that they got stronger as the day went on.....probably not so, but it sure seemed like it to me! My kids had virgin drinks, cokes and bottled water throughout the day.

The food was excellent! We ate in the covered table area by the bar. I had the grilled shrimp, my husband had the grilled fish, daughter had beef fajitas and my son had chicken tacos. Everything that we ordered was perfect and we did not have to wait long for our food! I can not say enough great things about this place. It was one of the highlights of my cruise and well worth the money!:)

Our ship does not arrive till 10 and leaves at 8. How long does it take to get there and would it be worth the $ for the time spent?

Thanks

It is about a 10-15 minute taxi ride. Absolutely worth it. We arrived at Nachi about 11:00 and left about 3:30. We had to be back on the boat by 4:30. We got a late start because we had a problem with the taxi's. We were a group of about 100 going to Nachi so instead of taking individual taxi's, they lined up about 10 vans and set a price of $8 a person round trip. This took about an hour to get it straight!! The van's waited all day at Nachi for us. They put wrist bands on us so we knew which van to get in when it came time to leave Nachi. I would NOT recommend this. We would've gotten there so much faster if we didn't wait on the vans. They were very unorganized! VERY bad idea!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
glad to hear you had a great time and I laughed when I read you were thinking you wanted a drink and Carlos appeared. Same with us!!!! We thought he was great and I told him I had read reviews and his name had been mentioned that he was excellent. He had a big smile with that comment. we tipped him as well. He made our stay very pleasant!!!

Okay so, I don't want to be cheap but I don't want to go overboard either.What is an appropriate tip for having received service all day?:confused: I'm thinking $20

We arrive in Cozumel on Nov. 5 and we have confirmation reservation for Nachi Cocom. I made the reservation on July 22.

Lucky you! There will be 6 ships in port the day we arrive...we're seriously contemplating Passion Island, which we have heard is beautiful!

Lucky you! There will be 6 ships in port the day we arrive...we're seriously contemplating Passion Island, which we have heard is beautiful!

looks like there are 5 ships when we arrive...it does seem we might have got lucky!

Archived