Magic is going to................

Legend

Ok, how about Gulfport? Galveston-Gulfport-Aruba-New Orleans?

Now you are opening up another can of worms. They are in the middle of a major port expansion project in Gulfport as we speak. One of the new buildings in the mockup does look suspiciously like it would make a very nice cruise ship terminal. Gulfport has been used in the past as an alternative port for both New Orleans and Mobile. Who knows what is actually in the minds of the beards (except for Host Randy and he ain’t telling), anything is possible.

Now you are opening up another can of worms. They are in the middle of a major port expansion project in Gulfport as we speak. One of the new buildings in the mockup does look suspiciously like it would make a very nice cruise ship terminal. Gulfport has been used in the past as an alternative port for both New Orleans and Mobile. Who knows what is actually in the minds of the beards (except for Host Randy and he ain’t telling), anything is possible.

Gulfport would be a great location.

A good size airport near the port....easy access to get out in case of a hurricane....no river traffic to worry about.....

I would vote for Gulfport....

I just don't see Carnival going into GPT. It's only a one hour drive from NOLA and about an hour from MOB. Too much competition in too close of an area. Both NOLA and Mobile cover the cruise market for folks living in the area. If GPT builds a cruise terminal...best of luck to them convincing anyone to sail out of there...would prob end up being a white elephant like the Bayport terminal.

I'm just thinking outside of the box here....

1) Triumph goes to the west coast to replace Spirit

2) Spirit goes to NOLA to take over the 4/5 day sailings

3) Magic to GALV

4) Conquest to NOLA

Maybe the Alaska cruises and such could use a larger ship?

you know nothing - isn't that what you want us to say? ;)

anyhow, i've been following your commentary... and you've just been teasing. you know it

anyhow, i'm not questioning your 'sources' or info...

i'm just at this point not convinced that ANYBODY knows WTH they're doing, carnival especially...

and i'd hope that you tell whoever you know, that stringing this out for weeks or a month is ridiculous, especially after the 'mis-step' with the TA.

if not, i seriously think you should report carnival for 'nuisance threads' - i'd like to see their response to that, for their apparent corporate mismanagement :D

LOL.yeah that's gonna happen :)

Strange, I go to the Port of New Orleans web site and check their December 2011 schedule and they show the Triumph sailing out of New Orleans in December 2011.

http://63.243.21.112:8082/cruisemain.htm

Then I go to the Port of Galveston web site and they show the Ecstasy and Conquest sailing out of Galveston in December 2011.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/2011_Cruise_Calendar.pdf

Does this just mean that all these ports have false information?

I think I just made a significant discovery.

Looking at the schedules for the Port of Galveston and the Port of New Orleans I have found that Carnival's dates on the Port of New Orleans web site for December 2011 do not match up with the sailing dates of Triumph but do match up with the sailing dates of Ecstasy in December 2011.

The Port of Galveston schedule for December 2011 does not match Conquest sailing dates but DOES match Magic's sailing dates for December 2011.

The Port of Galveston schedule for December 2011 does not match Ecstasy's sailing schedule for December 2011 but DOES match Triumph's schedule for December 2011.

It appears that I was wrong on some of my predictions as I consider this PROOF POSITIVE that Magic and Triumph will sail out of Galveston starting in late 2011 and Ecstasy will sail out of New Orleans. :o

I was confident that I could find out their schedules with a little research on the web and now I am sure I am right and admit I was partially wrong earlier. With a little more research I am sure I can find out their itineraries also.

Also, the Conquest SHOULD (this is not yet verified by the Port of NO web site) sail out of New Orleans on Sundays using the Julia wharf.

So relax Texas people, Magic is coming your way soon, no more speculation.

I like the way you research ;):D

I just don't see Carnival going into GPT. It's only a one hour drive from NOLA and about an hour from MOB. Too much competition in too close of an area. Both NOLA and Mobile cover the cruise market for folks living in the area. If GPT builds a cruise terminal...best of luck to them convincing anyone to sail out of there...would prob end up being a white elephant like the Bayport terminal.

This is all pipe dreams and theory anyway. Personally I would just as soon see the ships stay in New Orleans. Gives me more excuses to drive over to my favorite city.:D

I woke up this morning and there were 4/5 pages added to this thread already! Geez, I cant keep up and now my head hurts. Perhaps Carnival owes us some compensation?:rolleyes: A free cruise on the Magic?:D Are we there yet?

i'm greedy and want to keep the ecstasy... i repeat keep the ecstasy! lol

i've always loved her, and after the refurb, i love her even more!

Me too. I was thinking of cancelling one of my Ecstasy cruises and making Elation a B2B, but if they are taking Ecstasy it might be my last chance, so Ill drive to both ports I think ..if its true its moving.

I love Ecstasy and always have. It was my first cruise when I came back to cruising lately.

So if Conquest and Ecstacy go to NOLA.....wouldn't that be better...A newer ship and class than Triumph as well as an extra Fantasy class ship there?...that does sound good for NOLA ...if it happens :)

I like the Ecstasy replacing the Triumph in New Orleans. The Triumph is much too crowded with long lines in the buffet, overcrowded showrooms and lounges and longer debarkation lines at the ports.

I just wish it was doing 7 day cruises instead of just 4 and 5 day ones in 2011 and 2012.

I like the way you research ;):D

Tallyho's research drives me even more crazy ...makes my head hurt to try and follow it. Im mostly not even trying to follow it. I read the first few lines and move on.. yikes..Id rather wait to know for sure.

Tallyho's research drives me even more crazy ...makes my head hurt to try and follow it. Im mostly not even trying to follow it. I read the first few lines and move on.. yikes..Id rather wait to know for sure.

Take the time and read it...you'll like it ;)

Randy, (my Fellow Dallasite) did you just tip your hand????

:D

He doesnt say if he is amused by it, or thinks there is some truth to the speculations. ... we need more from Randy. Carnival isnt being fair to not tell us ...so Randy should just spill the beans.

He doesnt say if he is amused by it, or thinks there is some truth to the speculations. ... we need more from Randy. Carnival isnt being fair to not tell us ...so Randy should just spill the beans.

Right...

he *did* say you'd like it...

That sounds hopeful.

:)

the anticiaption and speculation is actually very entertaining.

...And Exausting...

-->I dreamed all night that I was sleeping on a Cove Balcony and the waves were high and I kept getting splashed...and I was thinking 'I should get inside, before the waves get too bad...

lol

So if Conquest and Ecstacy go to NOLA.....wouldn't that be better...A newer ship and class than Triumph as well as an extra Fantasy class ship there?...that does sound good for NOLA ...if it happens :)

That works for me! :D I know people really loved the Fantasy when she was in NOLA and it looks like they did a great job with the Ecstasy refurb. That would bring NOLA back to its pre-Katrina capacity with Carnival. :)

I'm just thinking outside of the box here....

1) Triumph goes to the west coast to replace Spirit

2) Spirit goes to NOLA to take over the 4/5 day sailings

3) Magic to GALV

4) Conquest to NOLA

Maybe the Alaska cruises and such could use a larger ship?

.....I have an Alaska cruise booked 8/2011 on the Spirit in an Aft Wrap (VS). The Triumph has Aft Wraps but they are 9C. A far cry from a VS.

:eek:

wasiii

Archived