Magic is going to................

Legend

Well since Randy has said a post is 100% correct on the Magic, Randy should pay for that poster's Magic cruise out of Galveston.:)

All I said was a post was 100% right.....they could have said anything....right?.......oops.......I'm not sure now what I actually said.....might wanna be moe careful what I post :D

Well Randy - I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows what is going on. I was just speaking with Carnival and I was told that they are still debating the home port and it could be a while yet. Also, the planned port was actually Miami, not Galveston.

Thats not completely true....it actual WAS a toss up between Ft Lauderdale or Miami awhile back,,,,,,,but then got changed...and guess what....it "could" get changed again even though I "heard" it's a sure deal somewhere ;)

Well if what he said "Was" correct at some point, then they would then have to move a ship from Miami. But it's the NOLA and Galveston schedules that aren't out which is why everyone is looking in that direction, not Miami. I'd prefer Miami but with a better itinerary than Dream as it doesn't really do anything for me. I don't need new and shiny but my kids want waterslides.

Well if what he said "Was" correct at some point, then they would then have to move a ship from Miami. But it's the NOLA and Galveston schedules that aren't out which is why everyone is looking in that direction, not Miami. I'd prefer Miami but with a better itinerary than Dream as it doesn't really do anything for me. I don't need new and shiny but my kids want waterslides.

Every Carnival ship, including the two currently in Galveston, have water slides.

I think they are looking in the Galveston direction, because PVPs emailed their clients, that the TA was open for booking and would end in Galveston ...AND they have told the people booked they can keep their bookings who booked before it was shut down. ...or that's why Im looking that direction.

Cruizer - I understood that the other ships only had "waterslide", not "waterslides". What other ships besides the Dream have multiple slides?

The Dream, Magic, Breeze and six of the eight Fantasy class ships (all but the Elation and Paradise). In the case of the Fantasy class ships it is called the waterworks upgrade. The Ecstasy, which is currently in Galveston recently received this upgrade. That is the dry dock everyone is referring to.

Cruizer - I understood that the other ships only had "waterslide", not "waterslides". What other ships besides the Dream have multiple slides?

Sounds like a PLAN!!!!

:D

I think all the Fantasy class ships except the two from the West Coast (Paradise and Elation) have Waterworks now... multiple slides... all the Fantasy class ships out of Florida have them.

LHP, time to start the weekend early .... good plan for this week. All this stuff about Magic to drive us nuts ...need a early weekend.

I have been reading these threads about the Magic and where it is going to be forEver. I called my pvp the other day and she didn't, or was smart enough to claim that nothing had been released yet about the Magic's home port.

This is driving me crazy. They need to hurry up already!!:)

It seems to me that tallyho and Cruizer are basically saying the same thing:confused:

The only difference I see between the two is tallyho found nothing to support where the Conquest will be, since it's still showing on a 7 day schedule through 2012, with no gaps. But I can't see them taking capacity away from NOLA and putting 3 ships in Galveston. :confused:

I'm going with the Magic and Triumph to Galveston, Ecstasy and Conquest to NOLA. Only time will tell! Wonder why steveaaaaaaaaa hasn't posted a poll on this yet? :confused::rolleyes:;)

ETA - I'm with you guys on the alcohol. Bottoms up!

Thanks. I had been looking into some Conquest Class sailings but I heard that they will not get additional slides/waterworks when they drydock - is that correct?

correct. (but they did get the big screen, I watched Avatar last month on Triumph). So they got something the Fantasy class didnt get.

On June 2, John Heald said we would know something in two weeks, wrong again. I am beginning to think they have no idea what they are doing.

I was hoping that the Magic would have an inaugural 9 day cruise from her homeport, just like the Dream. Doesn't seem like they are going to do any of the same things they did with Dream, I think those cruises out of New York didn't go well and maybe they don't want to start the Magic off the same way. Maybe Carnival is paying attention. ;)

I am sure that the Conquest will sail out of New Orleans starting September 11, 2011 from the Julia Wharf since the Norwegian Spirit will be sailing out of the Erato St. Wharf that day. I just said I have no proof since the dates aren't posted on the Port of New Orleans web site.

The Conquest will sail from Galveston on September 4, 2011 and go to New Orleans most probably via Aruba.

The Ecstasy will sail from Galveston on September 3, 2011 and go to a port near a dry dock where it will get refurbished before going to New Orleans and sailing out of New Orleans on September 22, 2011. It's last dry dock was September 2009 and Carnival puts the ships in dry dock every 2 to 3 years so it is time for a minor renovation.

The Triumph will sail from New Orleans September 17, 2011 to a port near a dry dock where it will be refurbished before sailing out of Galveston on October 6, 2011. It was last dry docked in October 2008 and is overdue by then.

Does anyone know where Carnival might dry dock these ships? If we knew where they dry docked we could figure out their final itineraries as they left Galveston and New Orleans.

I am sure that the Conquest will sail out of New Orleans starting September 11, 2011 from the Julia Wharf since the Norwegian Spirit will be sailing out of the Erato St. Wharf that day. I just said I have no proof since the dates aren't posted on the Port of New Orleans web site.

The Conquest will sail from Galveston on September 4, 2011 and go to New Orleans most probably via Aruba.

The Ecstasy will sail from Galveston on September 3, 2011 and go to a port near a dry dock where it will get refurbished before going to New Orleans and sailing out of New Orleans on September 22, 2011. It's last dry dock was September 2009 and Carnival puts the ships in dry dock every 2 to 3 years so it is time for a minor renovation.

The Triumph will sail from New Orleans September 17, 2011 to a port near a dry dock where it will be refurbished before sailing out of Galveston on October 6, 2011. It was last dry docked in October 2008 and is overdue by then.

Does anyone know where Carnival might dry dock these ships? If we knew where they dry docked we could figure out their final itineraries as they left Galveston and New Orleans.

I'm pretty sure at least some of the ships are dry docked in Mobile.

And when 'we figure out their final itineraries' WE could Announce it to Carnival!!!!

That'll show em!!

:p

:D

Ecstasy had a 4 week dry dock, its in fine shape. I really cant see a 2 year dry dock here ... you might want to retune this one some more.

Triumph will dry dock in Mobile ... I can see that part... and the rest.

I'm pretty sure at least some of the ships are dry docked in Mobile.

If they dry dock them in Mobile they will have to sail to a far-away port first because they can't depart New Orleans or Galveston and end in Mobile without visiting a far-away port such as Aruba.

I was wondering if they had a dry dock near a far-away port in the Southern Caribbean.

Everyone hold up your glass.................ok Cheers to Magic happening tomorrow!:D:rolleyes:

Cheers, lets hope. ... Im interested in what a cilantro margarita would taste like. I love cilantro, and love margaritas, but never tried them together.

Archived