Magic is going to................

Legend

I hope Carnival puts 3 ships in Galveston/Bayport. The Ecstasy's 4/5 cruises are very popular. I think Carnival will wwant to keep that in Galveston.

If we are all correct, the Triumph should be doing the 4 and 5 day cruises out of Galveston.

I just got a email from a travel agency in the DFW area and for what it's worth here's what they had to say about the subject:

Lots of exciting Galveston CRUISE NEWS to share..... from Carnival & Royal Caribbean!

The biggest news....(we can't release for another couple days until it is "official")....

BUT.....Carnival will be replacing BOTH of its ships in Galveston in fall of 2011!

The Conquest will be replaced by the Magic

and the Ecstasy will be replaced by the Triumph

Stay tuned for the announcements,

I filled in the blanks!:D

I just got a email from a travel agency in the DFW area and for what it's worth here's what they had to say about the subject:

Lots of exciting Galveston CRUISE NEWS to share..... from Carnival & Royal Caribbean!

The biggest news....(we can't release for another couple days until it is "official")....

BUT.....Carnival will be replacing BOTH of its ships in Galveston in fall of 2011!

The Conquest will be replaced by.........???

and the Ecstasy will be replaced by .........????

Stay tuned for the announcements,

Breaking news: Conquest to be replaced by the newly refurbished Tropicale. More at 11. :)

Remember the movie "Money Pit".....When Tom Hanks asked how long before they were finished with his home remodeling....they always said."Two Weeks".....lol:D

It is NOT funny anymore SIR Randy :mad: lol ... (just whisper the details to me ok)

If they have the Magic and the Triumph in Galveston, is there really a need for another ship just up the road, probably doing a similar itinerary to boot? Probably not. I don't think Bayport will remain empty forever...I just don't see CARNIVAL going to Bayport...not with the capacity they already have/will have from Galveston...who knows perhaps NCL or Princess would return down the road.

I wish Princess would come back..I loved the Grand Princess.

humm wonder what the pre/post cruise excursions would be in Bayport? Tour of a oil refinery? Visit where Gilley's used to be located?

I wonder what the pre/post shore excursions are in Galveston? Carnival doesn't list any.

I wonder what the pre/post shore excursions are in Galveston? Carnival doesn't list any.

I stayed across from the Ocean and got in 3 long walks. Its only about 3 miles across the island to the port.

People go to Moody Gardens for indoors. There is a historical area near the port with a few tourist type shops and restaurants.

We used to rent a couple of those beach houses on stilts when I was younger and stay on the better part of the beach. Go into town on the ferry and buy a bunch of shrimp, about a pound each person, and have a shrimp fest on Saturday night.

Wow,

I've been checking in occasionally, but haven't posted in awhile. I'm surprised Carnival hasn't announced it yet :mad:!

O.k., just to get updated; consensus is

Conquest & Ecstasy to NOLA

Magic & Triumph to Galveston ??

What's the latest on Spirit? No changes?

I still think that the Splendor would make an excellent choice for the Alaskan cruises, with that large lido deck pool/area with retractable roof!

I would say this week.....announcement has gotta be this week. Us Texans (& New Orleaneans) have gotta know, since Galveston (& New Orleans) will be affected BIG TIME (allegedly).

Marty

I just want to thank all of you for being my entertainment this weekend...I've enjoyed all of the speculation going back and forth. I am truly Carnival cruise crazy and came to this thread to get my fix, and I sure did! I, too, am booked on the Magic TA. Since I'm from CA, I'm indifferent to where her home port will be. Although, I do enjoy the speculation of trading out the Paradise for another ship that hasn't been to CA. I would love to have more choices for Carnival cruises out of CA. Please continue with the entertainment. I'll be right back, gonna go and get some popcorn....

Maria & Rob

I am officially losing my mind. Today during my nap I had a dream that I just happened to be at the Galveston pier, and the Magic just happened to be sailing. My first reaction? "OMG, I have to get to CC and post this!" :o

But the ship wasn't finished yet, so she was wrapped up in the equivalent of giant ship bubble wrap. And since I was there, they let me take a tour. Hey, I said it was a dream, remember?

I just want to thank all of you for being my entertainment this weekend...I've enjoyed all of the speculation going back and forth. I am truly Carnival cruise crazy and came to this thread to get my fix, and I sure did! I, too, am booked on the Magic TA. Since I'm from CA, I'm indifferent to where her home port will be. Although, I do enjoy the speculation of trading out the Paradise for another ship that hasn't been to CA. I would love to have more choices for Carnival cruises out of CA. Please continue with the entertainment. I'll be right back, gonna go and get some popcorn....

Maria & Rob

Hopefully we will find out early this week.:confused: or next, or next...:confused:

I assume that they would break the news early in the work week so that they will have their full staff on hand to take care of the bookings and any issues that arise...I can't see this kind of news coming on a Friday with the onslaught of bookings that will follow :eek:

I am officially losing my mind. Today during my nap I had a dream that I just happened to be at the Galveston pier, and the Magic just happened to be sailing. My first reaction? "OMG, I have to get to CC and post this!" :o

But the ship wasn't finished yet, so she was wrapped up in the equivalent of giant ship bubble wrap. And since I was there, they let me take a tour. Hey, I said it was a dream, remember?

Meredith,

In your dream, did you also see the Ecstasy or was it the Triumph? ;-)

Day 8

The Waiting continues...

(CCNP)Carnival Cruise Critic members continue to await word from the Mothership in Miami on changes in debarkation ports around the World.

Carnival Cruise lines is expected to make an announcement on the location of the Carnival Dream, a new Superliner. All of Cruise Critic world is waiting in anticipation, especially since Carnival accidently revealed that the Dream would be taking a trans-Atlantc cruise with the final destination port of Galveston, Texas.

The Cruise Line refuses to acknowlege that Galveston could be the final port leading to speculation that the ship might instead be ported at another location. Speculation has included Miami, New Orleans, Baltimore, Las Angeles, Charlotte NC, Arizona, and Columbus Ohio. However, since the last three locations do not have port locations, most experts predict Galveston will actaully be the location.

In event that the Magic is located in Galveston, there is widespread speculation that other changes to come. One widely held belief is that the Conquest and the Ecstacy would be moved to New Orleans and the Triumph join the Dream in Galveston.

There is also discussion that some of these ships might be going into drydock.

Cruise Critic News Press will continue to monitor this situation, that is beginning to affect peoples traveling plans.

Archived