Magic is going to................

Legend

The big package wasnt the cruise terminal. It was the container port that they wanted to put in. In order to make the deal appealing to locals, they included the cruise terminal. They did not get a cruise line to bite before building. NCL use to sail parttime out of LaPorte from a really crappy building and I guess the Port of Houston thought NCL would come back to Bayport. It is a fab terminal if someone would just use it.

Maybe Carival is going to put the Magic or some other ship at the Bayport terminal.

Why do elected officials do the things they do???

Houston City Council and the Harris County Judges do always act in the best interest of the people they tax. They have a "build it and they will come" attitude. They usually waste the money.

We just got off of the Conquest on Sunday 6/20/2010. During the cruise, the news was announced at the Past Guest party by the Cruise Director. Apparently, the official announcement was made on 6/14/2010. The Magic will leave Barcelona on 10/28/2011 for a 16 day repositioning cruise to Galveston. The itinerary should be posted soon according to the on-board Carnival travel team which also did a presentation on the 12-day Med cruise immediately proceeding the repositioning cruise. BTW, the Conquest will be going back home to New Orleans.

We just got off of the Conquest on Sunday 6/20/2010. During the cruise, the news was announced at the Past Guest party by the Cruise Director. Apparently, the official announcement was made on 6/14/2010. The Magic will leave Barcelona on 10/28/2011 for a 16 day repositioning cruise to Galveston. The itinerary should be posted soon according to the on-board Carnival travel team which also did a presentation on the 12-day Med cruise immediately proceeding the repositioning cruise. BTW, the Conquest will be going back home to New Orleans.

The official announcement hasn't been made yet.

Well I have decided, lol for what it is worth. I would be satisfied with Conquest staying in Galveston and Magic going to NO because the Magic being a bigger ship will be much more expensive and I would rather go on Conquest and afford it. LOL Now, that doesn't count for one thin penny but oh well.

lol .. now all we need is for Carnival itself to announce this ... :D Welcome to our rumor mongering thread ... yep, thats what we all have been saying, just wishing Carnival would say it too...and give us prices.

Well I have decided, lol for what it is worth. I would be satisfied with Conquest staying in Galveston and Magic going to NO because the Magic being a bigger ship will be much more expensive and I would rather go on Conquest and afford it. LOL Now, that doesn't count for one thin penny but oh well.

I've been saying this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", for that exact reason.

Actually, the Magic announcement was made by Carnival staff. This is official. If you are waiting on the website to be updated, you might be waiting a long time. Magic to Galveston in November 2011 and the Conquest goes back to its original home port of New Orleans.

Actually, the Magic announcement was made by Carnival staff. This is official. If you are waiting on the website to be updated, you might be waiting a long time. Magic to Galveston in November 2011 and the Conquest goes back to its original home port of New Orleans.

Even if the statement was announced by Carnival staff onboard the ship, it isn't official. They are so many rumors made by staff on the ships.

I am not saying this one is not true because I am almost 100% sure it is.

We are waiting for an official written statement by Carnival.

The official announcement hasn't been made yet.

I guess someone in Miami forgot to tell the Conquest CD.

Archived