Celebrity Q's

Sunshine101

Hi everyone,

We are looking at a possible Celebrity cruise....have cruised with RCL many times, and are now looking at either Princess, NCL or Celebrity. What is the age demographic on Celebrity? Their Soltice ships look very beautiful....are there many activies on them like on an RC ship? Any input would be great, thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

We are looking at a possible Celebrity cruise....have cruised with RCL many times, and are now looking at either Princess, NCL or Celebrity. What is the age demographic on Celebrity? Their Soltice ships look very beautiful....are there many activies on them like on an RC ship? Any input would be great, thanks so much!

We have sailed on all the lines you mentioned and others. The age spread of the passengers is older on Celebrity than the others with the exception of Princess which I will call a draw in this area. As for activies, Celebrity is not as busy as RCL; much more laid back. Some may find Celebrity a little boring, but this has never been a problem for us.

I rank the Solstice as the nicest ship we have sailed. Excellent layout, easy to find your way around, and very, very nice. My only reservation is that the cabin layout (closet and bedside storage space) is poorly designed. However, we made do.

We have sailed on all the lines you mentioned and others. The age spread of the passengers is older on Celebrity than the others with the exception of Princess which I will call a draw in this area. As for activies, Celebrity is not as busy as RCL; much more laid back. Some may find Celebrity a little boring, but this has never been a problem for us.

I agree with everything said here. I have no interest in sailing on NCL other than their American flagged Hawaiian cruise on the POA. DW and I got our fill of RCI and all the kids, but mind you, we are in our mid 50's, so X lately has seemed to be a much better fit. Although we don't go in for ship activities that much because we like port intensive cruises, we were a bit disappointed in our last X cruise because there was no ice or melon carving at the one midnight pool buffet, a very limited selection of foodstuffs, and it was so boring, it broke up by 12:30. One of the things we like the most about X is the lack of announcements that will jar you to your senses regardless of what you are doing or where you may be. It is considerably more laid back.

Sunshine 101 -- Although we haven't tried Princess or NCL, DH and I sailed many times on the various classes of RC ships, prior to trying Celebrity Solstice earlier this year. We loved Celebrity, and were never bored -- but it's a different experience than on RC. While you won't find rock walls, flowriders, or the Johnny Rockets experience on X, there is plenty to keep you busy. On Solstice, they offered tours of the galley and the theater, wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, and don't forget the hot glass show -- that's not to be missed!

I would recommend that you check out the Aqua Class. There have been many threads discussing the advantages of Aqua Class and especially Blu, the Aqua Class restaurant.

The ships are wonderful. After 30+ cruises on a variety of lines Celebrity has become my line of choice. Hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

Archived