In Transit tours in NYC following CB Cruise

Cruiser Nonna

From Patter postings it appears that Princess is offering In transit tours in New York following sailing on Caribbean Princess - I have checked Cruise Personalizer and it does not show anything - I also see them listed under Shore Excursions in general however no pricing - contacted Princess and they show that they "may" only be available onboard - however - have no idea as to pricing - if anyone has done this or has a list of the prices or an approximate costwould certainly like to see them to compare to having private car and driver - our flight does not depart until 530PM so we have a day and would like to be able to update ourselves since our last trip to New York.

If anyone has used a car and driver for approx 4-5 hours - suggestions and names would certainly be appreciated.

Thank you for your help -

We were in NY prior to a cruise last month. We were happy with Black Executive Cars. We used them a lot.

We also did a tour with Real New York Tours. It's a GREAT walking tour of the area - something very different from what you would get in a car. They have a 3 hour option. It's probably the most fun and informative tour I have ever been on!

From Patter postings it appears that Princess is offering In transit tours in New York following sailing on Caribbean Princess - I have checked Cruise Personalizer and it does not show anything - I also see them listed under Shore Excursions in general however no pricing - contacted Princess and they show that they "may" only be available onboard - however - have no idea as to pricing - if anyone has done this or has a list of the prices or an approximate costwould certainly like to see them to compare to having private car and driver - our flight does not depart until 530PM so we have a day and would like to be able to update ourselves since our last trip to New York.

If anyone has used a car and driver for approx 4-5 hours - suggestions and names would certainly be appreciated.

Thank you for your help -

We used a car service on our CB cruise last Nov.

We hired them for a city tour for 4 hours with a drop off at the pier.

You could do it post cruise to the airport.

Here are 2....

Arecibo 718-783-6465

Cadman 866-308-5466

For all ports, any tours on disembarkation day, both for those leaving the ship and for those continuing, are only offered once onboard, and possible not until the middle of the cruise.

You will need to check with the excursion desk onboard to learn if any will be offered for your cruise.

Thank you for all your responses and suggestions for car services - it just seems so strange that the cruiseline would not want passengers to purchase tours PRIOR to getting onboard the ship but evidently not in this case and almost afraid not to pre-arrange and be stuck.

For those who did have private cars did you have any difficulty finding them when you disembarked the ship?

Thank you again for your help -

Thank you for all your responses and suggestions for car services - it just seems so strange that the cruiseline would not want passengers to purchase tours PRIOR to getting onboard the ship but evidently not in this case and almost afraid not to pre-arrange and be stuck.

For those who did have private cars did you have any difficulty finding them when you disembarked the ship?

No, ours had a numbered placard in the windshield. ;)

The company that arranges for all the car service transfers right where you disembark can arrange a car and driver for you. Talk to them when you arrive at the pier before boarding. Tell them what you want and they can arrange it for the day you debark. The driver they arranged for us was Michael and he was from Romania, a charming fellow, drove us all over, stoped where we wanted and then took us to LGA for our flight. I think it was about 250 including tip for a long limo, and there were just two of us.

If you are in transit and want a different, unusual NYC experience, try the following tour which must be booked in advance:

Gold Vault Tour Federal Reserve Bank of New York -

720-6130 33 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10045 between Nassau and William Streets, in downtown Manhattan

Resting 50 feet below sea level, on the solid bedrock of Manhattan island, the Fed’s vault contains billions of dollars worth of gold. Learn about the history of gold and find out about the unique role of the New York Fed in storing and safeguarding the precious metal. The tour lasts approximately 60 minutes. To accommodate for security screening, arrive 20 minutes before your tour. The tour is free, but space is limited. Up to 30 visitors can be accommodated on each tour. The New York Fed may close to the public at any time if heightened security is needed.

http://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/ny_tours.html

Thank you Carbill - that tour sounds great but for this trip we need transportation where we can leave our luggage since we do not fly out of EWR until 5PM - but I have added that to my New York file for the future when I am there for a couple of days -

Thanks again to all of you for your help!

Archived