Can anyone comment on these RCI Oasis Excursions to St. John's?

mets07

Hi - we have been to St. Thomas before and have visited and enjoyed Magen's and Sapphire...

Want to go to St. John's on our upcoming cruise (this month) and would appreciate knowing if anyone did any of the following and any feedback.

We know we can do St. John's on our own, but might decide to go with one of the RCI excursions:

St. John Sea Safari by PowerCat - STF1 - 4 hours - $59

The complete excursion to St. John! Board "Bimini Breeze" - cruise along St. Thomas' Southshore to a fabulous St. John Beach for snorkeling. Then a second stop at Christmas Cove for more snorkeling adventure and swimming. Equipment is provided, along with sodas, beers & rum drinks. FUN! No Traffic! No Ferries!

St. John Beach and Snorkel Tour - STE8 - 4 hours $67

Your narrated excursion departs in a large comfortable tour boat. Enjoy sightseeing along the southern coast line of St. Thomas as you pass Pillsbury Sound and reach Cruz Bay St John. The island of St. John is an unspoiled paradise of white sand beaches and lush tropical scenery. Along the way to Trunk Bay, you will stop at the overlooks of Cruz Bay, Hawksnest Bay and Caneel Bay Plantation.The highlight of this excursion is the world famous Trunk Bay. Home to a one of a kind underwater trail, you will see tropical fish and colorful corals on the marked trail. Enjoy 90 minutes to swim, snorkel the trail or relax in the shade of a palm tree. Snorkel equipment and instructions are provided as well as all entrance fees.

Jost Van Dyke - Best of the British Virgin Islands - STF2 - 7.5 hours

$99

Travel by MotorCat for a stop to swim at Christmas Cove before arriving in quaint Jost Van Dyke for a day of swimming and beach snorkeling. Enjoy lunch on White Bay at a local beach bar (not included) while basking in the beauty of this idyllic paradise.

I understand the last one requires passports and customs - not sure how much time is wasted on that.

Thanks!

We've gone to Trunk Bay on our own, Taxi-Ferry-Taxi, then same on return.

In the back of my mind I was always preoccupied with the time, to be sure we get back OK on our own.

This year, we are going for #2. Trunk Bay is still the destination we want.

By using the RCL excursion, we don't have to worry about the time, nor the hassle of transportation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks, all. We did end up doing #2 on my list on June 19th Oasis cruise and went to Trunk Bay (beautiful). I think with the ferry and cabs/vans, it did make it easier doing ship excursion.

This is the excursion I am interested in as well. Thanks for posting, but I would love to hear a bit more detail about this excursion.

Thanks again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived